Forums
Posted By: Wheels I want to be a full time fire fighter - 1st Dec 2007 10:45pm
It has always appealed to me. does anyone know someone in the service? or have any tips.

i just downloaded the application form and its very in depth and has to be received no later than this Tuesday.
Posted By: chiccy Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 1st Dec 2007 10:58pm
pass... sorry no help. just wanted to wish u luck x
Posted By: jonah Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 2nd Dec 2007 8:10am
had a mate who tried out, all i no, is that its avery physically demanding test mate, but rewarding if u get in, which i'm sure u will... good luck and keep us informed on ur progress ! thumbsup
Posted By: Wheels Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 2nd Dec 2007 10:39am
dont think i will get in this time round as the deadline is tuesday 12pm, so the post wont get there in time. Plus i just dont know were to start on the application form so id rather take my time on it and get it right as it is very easy to fail just on the form itself.
Posted By: jonah Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 2nd Dec 2007 11:52am
keep tryin tho, anything is possible ! am sure u can get in... thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 2nd Dec 2007 4:42pm
Scotts uncle is quite senior in the service, I will ask him if he has any tips or advice since he never seems to post on the boards!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 2nd Dec 2007 6:54pm
lol....

should i say what my personal and professional experience of firefighters is?..hmm i think ill keep my trap shut.

they do a necessary job.... ill concede someone DOES have to do it!

However if your daft enough to want run into a burning building then good luck to ya mate!

watch the film ladder49 thats enough to put anyone off!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 12:07am
my mate is a long time fire fighter, he tells me now that unless your black, female, or have a serious disability you aint gettin in, they are doing a huge eaqual rights requiting exercise.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 9:56am
Originally Posted by sanchez
my mate is a long time fire fighter, he tells me now that unless your black, female, or have a serious disability you aint gettin in, they are doing a huge eaqual rights requiting exercise.

easy to get round that one...say your not white british..but white other.
You are whatever you percieve yourself to be..just dont be a white british hetreosexual male on your application form
Posted By: krisGTi Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 10:05am
i'm applyin 2 be a fire fighter.

an u can email it wheels thats what am doin later.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 10:18am
My Dad recently retired from the fire service, following 35 years of service.

Initially he was a firefighter, but in latter years (as an officer) he was a firesafety inspector.

TBH I think the red tape in the service, all the strikes, and pay disputes got on his nerves, and I think when he had his time in for his pension, he couldnt get out fast enough...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 10:40am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
My Dad recently retired from the fire service, following 35 years of service.

Initially he was a firefighter, but in latter years (as an officer) he was a firesafety inspector.

TBH I think the red tape in the service, all the strikes, and pay disputes got on his nerves, and I think when he had his time in for his pension, he couldnt get out fast enough...

thats very nice chew, but what the hells that got to do with advice about joining up !
Posted By: StuyMac Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 10:54am
Not a lot, only that after 35 years he wasnt happy with all the continous pay disputes etc, and the pay conditions...
Posted By: Wheels Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 1:37pm
i see. Useful non the less.

Deadline is 12 tomorow and i have not even put pen to paper yet. As i said i might leave it until next time so i can improve my fitness and do a gleaming application form.

Sad to here that stuy, so the grass aint greener on the other side frown
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 1:39pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
i see. Useful non the less.

Deadline is 12 tomorow and i have not even put pen to paper yet. As i said i might leave it until next time so i can improve my fitness and do a gleaming application form.

Sad to here that stuy, so the grass aint greener on the other side frown

if i were you id take up cricket..that will help with the job!
Posted By: Wheels Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 1:46pm
er why?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 1:50pm
it will help you catch all those cats...stuck up in the trees!

LMAO!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Dec 2007 3:30pm
Paintball guns do that better raftl
Where did you download the form from matey ?, Do you know when the next recutment (spelling) is ?

Cheers..... smile
Posted By: krisGTi Re: I want to be a full time fire fighter - 3rd Feb 2008 12:02pm
the form was on the chesher fire website mate, an a dont think there will be a recrtment thing for a while yet, they wont be getting back 2 the people who applied till march.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral