Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper BINS - Back to Normal - Immediate - 22nd Feb 2022 10:03pm
On Monday the Council said Grey and Green bin collections were going to be collected a day late this week

Tonight (Tuesday), they have said to put your bins out on the normal day, they may or may not be collected on time.

Brown bins have had no changes and are as per normal.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: BINS - Back to Normal - Immediate - 25th Feb 2022 4:08pm
I got bitten by this palaver; the email about the delay came, I brought my bin back in on Monday night, went to get my hair cut Tuesday morning and found on return that the binnies had been round! I rang Streetscene and was told to put it out again and it'd be collected on Wednesday. It wasn't. I reported it using the online form at the end of Wednesday. Still waiting for it to be emptied. I don't think I'm the only one to have been messed about this week!

I'm not carting my rubbish to the tip; we've already been made to pay for garden waste collections. I've no intention of using my ever-more-expensive petrol to remove household rubbish, when the Council should arrange it. Fortunately it's all bagged and it's winter, so whiffiness is not a problem.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral