Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Local elections - 7th May 2021 11:24am
Yesterday was the first time I haven't voted in years.
I don't trust any of them anymore, so didn't put down that X.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Local elections - 8th May 2021 1:32pm
something to consider - maybe a better way to make your feelings known than not voting at all would be to spoil your ballot paper? That's making a definite 'none of this lot' statement, but if you don't vote at all, you might just have forgotten - your absence could be misinterpreted.
Posted By: Dougiem Re: Local elections - 9th May 2021 7:41am
I didn't bother either for the first time in many years mainly because the same ones always get in with the same old policies and the same old results. Nothing changes unfortunately.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Local elections - 9th May 2021 9:22am
That is one of the reasons the Tories got Hartlepool and made gains elesewhere. Many Labour supporters thought it was an automatic outcome that Labour would win. Apathy is an enemy of social justice.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Local elections - 9th May 2021 9:57am
It's never going to change if you don't vote and it did this time, for the Greens! You must vote to get rid of the useless Labour lot, just look how they have let Birkenhead shopping area decline. Grange Road used to be a great place with lovely shops, not the dismal shutdown place it is now. The Greens are really making the effort to get votes. People will never see any change to make a difference if you don't vote and you had a good chance to have done that this time.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Local elections - 10th May 2021 11:48am
Agree. If you're going to protest against the big three at least give your vote to the Greens.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Local elections - 11th May 2021 10:18am
I had 4 candidates on my ballot paper, and if I had to vote, the greens were the last ones I would vote for. What is strange though, I think they are the party of the future, but we are not quite ready for them yet.
I should have done what Greenwood suggested and just spoilt the ballot paper.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral