Forums
Posted By: granny £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 15th Sep 2018 10:27pm
Plans approved for £795,000 to be spent on three junior football pitches at Leasowe Recreation Centre !

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...ootball-pitch-at-leasowe-leisure-centre/

They already have 3 junior football pitches ! More than that I can't find any words other than, the cllr for tourism and leisure must have found money nobody else can.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 16th Sep 2018 2:54am
It will be funded by grants, Council has a choice of spending it or not getting it.
Posted By: stato Re: £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 16th Sep 2018 11:20am
This is almost double what they were so proud of bidding for at New Ferry! If the council don't make any decisions then why even bother having one? At some point they have to accept responsibility and be held to account, if they cant then we should get rid there no value added at WBC
Posted By: casper Re: £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 22nd Sep 2018 7:59am
The magic word football, mention the word football and it opens the magic door to the oft quoted money tree, planning permission, grants, money no object.
Posted By: starakita Re: £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 22nd Sep 2018 4:34pm
No doubt the pitches will be free to play on,the clubs will have to pay a fee.I know when my son played more so in winter on training nights the club had to pay for use the likes of Bidston tennis centre .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 22nd Sep 2018 6:05pm
I thought part of Tranmere Rovers deal was to include a number of public accessible pitches at the Solar Campus which is a spit away from this site?
Posted By: casper Re: £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 22nd Sep 2018 7:23pm
Which Tranmere Rovers deal was this DD? they appear to have had many deals with WBC which have enabled them to pick and choose premium locations.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: £795,000 for a football pitch ? - 22nd Sep 2018 10:07pm
Originally Posted by casper
Which Tranmere Rovers deal was this DD? they appear to have had many deals with WBC which have enabled them to pick and choose premium locations.

When they moved their training ground from Ingleborough Road to Leasowe. I don't know what the final agreement was but in 2014 its was stated:-

"Creation of two full size football pitches and one youth pitch to the west of the site for local community use"

and also:-

"No development shall commence until a scheme which sets out management arrangements for the use of the car parking and changing facilities to serve the community pitches in the west of the application site has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority (after consultation with Sport England). The car parking and changing provision shall thereafter be managed in accordance with the approved scheme"
© Wirral-Wikiwirral