Forums
Posted By: Paternoster21 Little Sutton Station - 11th Jul 2017 6:51am
I think that its high time that Little Sutton station was given a make over and returned to its former glory. It should be given the same treatment as Hadlow road in Willaston.
The builders yard next door should be made to move any stock or other items that they have in front of the station view able from the main road. The inside should be opened up again with the waiting room and ticket office displayed as it would have been, with a walk through from the main doors for passenger/visitors to view but not touch the display.Posters on the wall a mix of old rail posters and local history information.
Maybe even rebuild the signal box so people can view and see how it would have looked/worked.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Little Sutton Station - 11th Jul 2017 9:29am
Is it on a disused line?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Little Sutton Station - 11th Jul 2017 10:57am
Its a live station but unmanned which limits what they can do especially considering the vandalism that's happened in the past.

It is grade II listed and has been tarted up a few times in my memory.

Its traditionally an industrial area having had the gas works and corn mill nearby, I don't think you can ask a builders yard to make itself look pretty unless you pay for hoardings to hide it.
Posted By: Paternoster21 Re: Little Sutton Station - 14th Jul 2017 6:58am
The fact that it is a working station I think is all the more reason for it to be given this treatment. The everyday passengers using the station can see how it used to be and any history/train lovers can visit any time.Basically anyone can stop by to visit.

As to vandalism sadly this always happens but that shouldn't deter us from making our village pretty and bringing our history alive. I'm sure that there are precautions that can be taken to limit(i know we cant stop it.)what happens.
Beside if vandalism does happen as we have seen in the case of the local charity shop there are those in the village that would band together to help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral