Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Waste to tips - 29th Oct 2015 1:02am
I know technically not wirral council. Rules seem to make any small business criminals for taking waste there that they have generated whilst working on other peoples houses. If a plumber renews a bath for someone and takes old one to tip he is acting criminally even with the free permits . however the home owner can take it without question.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Waste to tips - 29th Oct 2015 1:25am
You pay council tax which includes an amount for domestic waste and landfill tax, the business doesn't pay this.

But yes, in your example it is the same rubbish and could belong to the same owner but there is no way of doing this without large industry being able to dump huge amounts of rubbish free of charge and the public would also be paying for the landfill tax.

I'm sure if someone could come up with a more credible solution then there would be a lot of ears. Bearing in mind that some business produce a lot of waste and some don't.

As an aside - poll tax was a lot fairer than council tax (the number of people in a house is roughly proportional to the amount of waste) but the media got its teeth in and demolished poll tax.
Posted By: casper Re: Waste to tips - 29th Oct 2015 10:02am
Because it is waste generated through a business it is classed as commercial waste, hence the cowboys fly tip in any available space, probably after they have added the cost of disposal onto your bill
Posted By: jimbob Re: Waste to tips - 29th Oct 2015 3:08pm
good to see a good point of the poll tax been quoted
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Waste to tips - 29th Oct 2015 8:18pm
Just not sure now how much extra to charge customers for doing work for them when i have to remove stuff. Most my customers are elderly pensioners who cant be taking stuff to tip.Never been questioned before at tip and dont want to have to lie through me teeth if challenged Have to get 101 disguises for tip runs
Posted By: AdamS Re: Waste to tips - 30th Oct 2015 8:48am
http://www.merseysidewda.gov.uk/waste-recycling/trade-waste/

The PDF for trade waste is downloadable from that link, it'll give you an idea of the sort of costs required.

Any business is legally obliged to keep records of how they dispose of their waste, either via a Trade Waste Agreement with a licensed waste carrier, or via Waste Transfer Notes from sites like Bidston
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Waste to tips - 30th Oct 2015 6:29pm
Thanks Adams. will take a look at that. wonder how this would work. I buy (for a nominal fee) the "waste" i have produced at customers house..bring it home then decide i no longer want it and then take it the tip.
Not that i do plumbing but if i replaced an old belfast sink and said to customer heres 50p for sink --it becomes mine but then i decide i no longer want it and take it to tip

or I get paid to take a tree down and think i will have the wood for fire but change mind and take it to tip.

I suppose it hinges around definition of waste.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral