Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral Council sends in the bailiffs 12,000 times - 22nd Sep 2015 10:17pm
Birkenhead MP seeks answers after Wirral Council sends in the bailiffs 12,000 times in one year

Birkenhead MP Frank Field says residents are at risk of “falling even deeper into debt” by the use of bailiffs who are “squeezing them for everything they have”.

Figures from the Money Advice Trust shows the National Debtline has received 595 phone calls for help from Birkenhead over the last two years.

The number of debts passed to bailiffs was equivalent to 7.86% of properties in the area, ranking the council 94 out of 326 for local authority bailiff use in England and Wales.

Source : click me
My neighbour has four charges on their house and half a dozen CCJ .I had mine settled after three years of persistence because I thought I should get priority over the trips to Vegas.BMW and Nationwide don't see what I do, more the pity.Still three cars (two this years) on the drive and in sunny Vegas right now."Power to the bailiff". Cant pay and wont pay should and is defined in court. Many a small business goes under because of the wont pay brigade and I have no sympathy for them what-so-ever.Frank F is headlining again and should be doing something about business failure in Beirut not helping the cause.
"ranking the council 94 out of 326 for local authority bailiff use in England and Wales."

That looks to me as if the Council are in the top quartile for NOT using bailiffs ?
So what is the answer Frankie? let them off with it, I am sure all the rest of us struggling to pay may be able to manage a few extra quid to cover it , isn't that what always happens?
The bailiffs are a last resort, the Council give plenty of notices and if you bother getting in touch with them they are very helpful and flexible.

I think most of the moaning is by those who have been preaching that you don't need to pay because nothing will happen - well tough, it does! If you spend your money on fags, drugs and/or booze instead of your debts it will catch up with you eventually.

12,000 is indicative of how widespread the non-payment practice has become, well done to the council for nipping it in the bud and lessening the burden on the many that do pay their way.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral