Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral Council to offer discounts on car parking - 22nd Sep 2015 5:22pm
Traders in Heswall have joined forces with Wirral Council to offer discounts on car parking charges for their customers.

Organisations who are members of the Heswall and District Business Association (HDBA) are offering individual cashback deals to customers who spend in their shops or on their services having paid to park in Wirral Council ‘Pay and Display’ car parking spaces.

The Heswall businesses which have signed up the Parking Refund Scheme to date are Principal Pets, Gusto restaurant, Whitmore and White, Revitalaser, Army and Navy Stores and Eye Design Heswall.

Source : Click Me
This is quite common in U.S.A. cities. When you park, you get a ticket and when you spend in local shops, they "validate" the ticket and you get free parking. I hope it works in Heswall.
I'm trying to figure out what part the Council is involved in this - if they are funding discounted parking in Heswall I will be disappointed.

In reality I'd guess its just the shops themselves who will be coughing up.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Wirral Council to offer discounts on car parking - 23rd Sep 2015 11:38am
Now lets have the same for the car park near the bus station. Fed up of having to spend a pound just for a quick two minute trip into Wilko.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral