Forums
After hearing about £850k escape stair at the Wallasey Town Hall (lots for the Birkenhead one as well), I thought I would check planning. Looks like they have had a busy couple of years upgrading the building, obviously they have been contravening Disability Discrimination Act and Fire legislation all these years.

9/12/13 - Replace existing passenger lift

23/04/13 - Demolition of existing timber and brick work walls on the ground, first and second floors to create open plan offices.

18/04/13 - Installation of Disabled WC on 3rd floor

12/11/12 - Demolition of existing timber and brickwork walls

18/06/12 - Alterations to existing partitions and doors to form 2 new stair towers in the existing lightwells, external access ramps and associated works, including new lift and all associated services.

13/04/12 - The retrofitted installation of solar photovoltaic array to the existing roof structure to generate renewable energy.
Posted By: Emeeh Re: Cuts on the Wirral but not for the Town Hall - 20th Dec 2013 5:22pm
What's your point?

People would be moaning if they hadn't...

As for solar PV, long term strategy to save money.

What direction were you hoping this thread to take?
Posted By: Santos Re: Cuts on the Wirral but not for the Town Hall - 20th Dec 2013 6:42pm
The direction of ' we are looking after ourselves and sod the council tax payers' I would suggest.

At a time of cuts, more money appears to be being spent on the comfort of the Town Hall bosses and workers than is being spent on those that are in need of care and protection. No doubt there will be further jollies to China and other far off exotic places on matters that could be sorted by computer and further funds spent on mobile phones, I Pads and other gizmos that will pick up signals on the golf course.

These so called Council Officials want to get their status's right, they work for the Council Tax payer not against them.
Originally Posted by Santos
The direction of ' we are looking after ourselves and sod the council tax payers' I would suggest.

At a time of cuts, more money appears to be being spent on the comfort of the Town Hall bosses and workers than is being spent on those that are in need of care and protection. No doubt there will be further jollies to China and other far off exotic places on matters that could be sorted by computer and further funds spent on mobile phones, I Pads and other gizmos that will pick up signals on the golf course.

These so called Council Officials want to get their status's right, they work for the Council Tax payer not against them.
Council tax is being increased again next year.Really unfair.
Posted By: granny Re: Cuts on the Wirral but not for the Town Hall - 20th Dec 2013 11:48pm
Very interesting figures , although going back to 2008. I can't find anything more recent, maybe someone else can.
Read the figures carefully as they can appear to be confusing due to some lack of punctuation.
Maybe the modernisation came out of the 'general fund' to be used for any unforseen circumstances or additional expenditure.
www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/total_income_details_for_wirral
Posted By: nem12esis Re: Cuts on the Wirral but not for the Town Hall - 24th Dec 2013 10:16am
If all this needs doing now, how the hell are they managing (albeit badly) without the upgrades?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral