Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 3:37pm
Wirral Council is once again staging a number of community fireworks displays on Tuesday November 5th to celebrate Bonfire Night.

All start at 6.30pm and all are free admission.

The venues staging the displays are as follows:

Central Park, Wallasey
Mersey Park, Tranmere
Woodchurch Leisure Centre
Upton Park, Upton
Lingham Park, Moreton
Birkenhead Park, Birkenhead
Mayer Park, Bebington

In addition to fireworks, there will be a community bonfire event taking place at Leasowe Adventure Playground, again starting at 6.30pm.

The council do some dumb stuff (generally just dumb) but they have certainly put on some good displays through the years. Just a shame they dont do the bonfires at all the venues anymore.
Take your pick or stay in with the TV volume very high. grin
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 3:50pm
Will be going to one of the 'Bonfires of Austerity' following a 'Day of Civil Disobedience'- already booked the day off!!! Woop woop.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 3:58pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Will be going to one of the 'Bonfires of Austerity' following a 'Day of Civil Disobedience'- already booked the day off!!! Woop woop.

Why don't you just move to Russia: I'm sure that's your spiritual home. (Except I don't think they allow Civil Disobedience there).
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 4:01pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

Why don't you just move to Russia: I'm sure that's your spiritual home. (Except I don't think they allow Civil Disobedience there).

Love it Chris, If I had knickers on I`d Pi%% them lol
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 4:46pm
Why have they never done a display down New Brighton? all that open space would be perfect and they could even be rebels and have and actual bonfire on bonfire night
Posted By: Salmon Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 5:03pm
Years ago there was always a great fireworks display at New Brighton bathing pool. Not many will remember that.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 6:40pm

Had to google a 'day of civil disobedience' and came across the below.
'On the 5th of November 2013, Anonymous call for a day of global civil disobedience. This time we target all government facilities across the globe.Calling all free thinkers: the time for civil disobedience is now. This time it also seems unions from around the world are supporting this action. The lion sleeps no more. Ask yourself this: where will you be when we make history? November 5th, 2013. Worldwide. Now it’s a vendetta. Now it’s personal. Now it’s time to occupy everywhere. It’s time to throw everything we have at November 5th. It’s time to relight the flame of protest until our demands are met. Now it’s time for our brothers and sisters of the awakening to take to the streets. Austerity means war.'

I really hope this isn't just a way to vindicate rioting under the banner of a 'cause'.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 7:10pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Years ago there was always a great fireworks display at New Brighton bathing pool. Not many will remember that.

I remember it Salmon, went a few times when I was a kid
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 7:25pm
Get your masks here...

Attached picture kk.jpg
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 8:16pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

And Germany for you, Christopher? wink
Posted By: Wench Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 9:06pm
Surely by partaking in 'civil disobedience' one is being obedient to something or somebody? Or am I missing something?

I just hope no innocent people get injured as there is usually a nasty element that relish attending these kinds of things.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 10:11pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone

And Germany for you, Christopher? wink

No, Italy actually: I like their philosophy; agree to whatever the European Community mandates, then do what you want anyway. I guess you're a fellow-traveller with Rudebox so if it's not too expensive I'll buy you a oneway ticket to Moscow.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 10:48pm
Oh Dear!!! You wave your Sparklers where you wish and I will wave mine too!!!

(No illegal activity planned- I have my CRB -or whatever its called nowaday to protect at all costs)!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 10:53pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Get your masks here...
Not a part of Anonymous- I will do whatever I do with my gob on show!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 11:01pm
Originally Posted by Uffda

. A
I really hope this isn't just a way to vindicate rioting under the banner of a 'cause'.
Not from me! Will walk away from rioting.(unless Kettled of course)
Posted By: granny Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 11:16pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Surely by partaking in 'civil disobedience' one is being obedient to something or somebody? Or am I missing something?

I just hope no innocent people get injured as there is usually a nasty element that relish attending these kinds of things.

Don't always see eye to eye with you Wench, but this time I do and hope nobody is hurt.
There are two sides to everything, and maybe civil disobedience could be taken up by the opposition to the cause. Not everyone is in agreement and not everyone is likely to take a back seat. Civil disagreement leads to civil unrest and the next step could be rather nasty. Trouble is, the cowards who promote these ideas, usually go into hiding when things get rough , and are quite often prepared to point fingers, even at members of their own families,to save their own skins.

I hope the weather is at least dry for the firework displays. Usually very good.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 11:24pm
Get your masks here...

Dont we know it, anything to be in the Limelight. Dont matter about which cause as long as the cameras are there.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 11:31pm
Get your masks here...

Dont we know it, anything to be in the Limelight. Dont matter about which cause as long as the cameras are there.
Where am I? Maybe I'm missing myself in the papers and on the tele/ radio???
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 11:36pm
Let me remind you.. 5th of November... remember?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 11:41pm
Still haven't answered my question.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 27th Oct 2013 11:45pm
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 12:20am
Originally Posted by granny

Don't always see eye to eye with you Wench, but this time I do and hope nobody is hurt.
There are two sides to everything, and maybe civil disobedience could be taken up by the opposition to the cause. Not everyone is in agreement and not everyone is likely to take a back seat. Civil disagreement leads to civil unrest and the next step could be rather nasty. Trouble is, the cowards who promote these ideas, usually go into hiding when things get rough , and are quite often prepared to point fingers, even at members of their own families,to save their own skins.

I hope the weather is at least dry for the firework displays. Usually very good.
I do hope Granny that you are not implicitly implying that I incite illegal activities and then bugger off?? I know that I am 'doing a Frank' here but please do not try to link me to Illegal Activity. I do not agree with shoplifting/ smashing/ raiding etc

Civil Disorder-why even link that with 'hurting people'?
Posted By: Wench Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 8:40am
I started that conversation Rude, and unless I have read it wrong, neither Granny nor myself implied that it was directed at you smile It wasn't.

My concern is that the organised nasty elements that 99% of the time turn up at such events will instigate such behaviour. This in turn is proven to turn to "mob mentality" and even people who would never dream of doing any such acts get swept up by the atmosphere. This was seen during the riots.

I've been on peaceful protests and seen these "career instigators" myself. We had them appear at protest sites many years ago (when I was a dreadhead). I have also been on an incredibly peaceful protest that involved 16,000 people plus (and some 4 legged attendees) whereby we were applauded by not only the public, but also the Police, Fire Brigade and Paramedics. A lot of the Occupy guys applauded us along with the ones who wear those freaky masks.

I just worry that the scrotey element will see this as a good excuse to cause mayhem and destruction.

Posted By: tiptop Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 7:07pm
why are most of the forums on here took over by people talking about councils, people out of work or going on a march, was looking at the header to the forum thinking oh may take the kids now they're older, got reading then it's goes on about someone going to march, like other forums on here, I look at the header thinking that looks good to find around the 3th or 4th post someone has hijacked the forum to talk about government or a march.

Don't they have a politics forum on here?

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 7:08pm
Still haven't answered my question.
Still waiting....
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 7:11pm
I started that conversation Rude, and unless I have read it wrong, neither Granny nor myself implied that it was directed at you smile It wasn't.

My concern is that the organised nasty elements that 99% of the time turn up at such events will instigate such behaviour. This in turn is proven to turn to "mob mentality" and even people who would never dream of doing any such acts get swept up by the atmosphere. This was seen during the riots.

I've been on peaceful protests and seen these "career instigators" myself. We had them appear at protest sites many years ago (when I was a dreadhead). I have also been on an incredibly peaceful protest that involved 16,000 people plus (and some 4 legged attendees) whereby we were applauded by not only the public, but also the Police, Fire Brigade and Paramedics. A lot of the Occupy guys applauded us along with the ones who wear those freaky masks.

I just worry that the scrotey element will see this as a good excuse to cause mayhem and destruction.

'Shills'- I believe they are called.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 7:13pm
Your even asking for paparazzi. Loving the limelight only shows how good YOU think YOU are and not what you are really protesting about.

Attached picture aa.jpg
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 7:18pm

Yes, and "Woop Woop" tells it all, more fun for you to play around and produce nothing.
Woop Woop, big feckin kid!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 8:09pm

Yes, and "Woop Woop" tells it all, more fun for you to play around and produce nothing.
Woop Woop, big feckin kid!
hand whatever!! smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 8:15pm
Your even asking for paparazzi. Loving the limelight only shows how good YOU think YOU are and not what you are really protesting about.
You may or may not realise that the person in my avatar is not actually me.

The person in my avatar is Robbie Williams who posted this picture on his website as a response to The ... who posted pics describing him as 'fat'- any fool can clearly see that he is not.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 8:23pm
Oh and the 'Dear Paparazzi' remark is so small it is really irrelevant.... that avatar was chosen purely for the fact that I can perve on a daily basis.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 8:25pm
Gawd, and did he choose the Avatar for you? Your subconscious did, knowing it suits you down to the ground. PS.. I still luv ya though :-)))
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community fireworks displays in Wirral - 28th Oct 2013 8:32pm
Lol Zip, chose the avatar myself- concousily- due a change soon though, had this avatar for ages.

Luv you too wink ( I cant spell either) x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral