Forums
Posted By: slinky4 PRIMARY SCHOOL APPEALS - 5th Jul 2013 11:50am
Hi has anyone been turned turned for their choices of primary school this year..did you appeal and did it get you anywhere?.I was turned down for all my choices and have been to appeal,I have another appeal next week as well,but from speaking to others it seems that no body is winning their appeal and the schools offered are miles from our homes.Everybody i have spoken to seems to have been offered the same 2 schools.Would like to know how many this has happened to this year,thanks
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: PRIMARY SCHOOL APPEALS - 5th Jul 2013 1:55pm
Hi Slinky4

They certainly seem to be getting more rigid about places, both primary and high school, than they did. The trend would seem to be keeping children within their catchment areas, rather than traveling miles & miles to get to school. Can one ask if all your choices that were turned down were local schools to you? or further afield.
Posted By: slinky4 Re: PRIMARY SCHOOL APPEALS - 5th Jul 2013 4:09pm
Hi,the schools I chose where the schools closest to me! and I know of others who even have siblings in the schools and they have been turned down and failed on appeal as well.so they are expected to be at primary schools at the same time.
Posted By: manic28_am Re: PRIMARY SCHOOL APPEALS - 5th Jul 2013 7:39pm
And if they turn into acadamies they can 'cherry pick' the children they want. That's one of the reasons teachers were on strike last Thursday.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: PRIMARY SCHOOL APPEALS - 5th Jul 2013 8:10pm
Not really true maniac
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: PRIMARY SCHOOL APPEALS - 5th Jul 2013 8:18pm
I think there should be pretty rigid rules - i.e. distance from the school - and this is "as crow flies", and usually if a sibling is already in school this gives the new child priority...so what is going on.

assume you have seen the Wirral LEA website: https://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-servic...arents-and-carers/school-admissions/code
Posted By: slinky4 Re: PRIMARY SCHOOL APPEALS - 5th Jul 2013 8:25pm
yes,ive trailed through hours of paperwork.Siblings 'should' come into it but for some reason this year in many cases it isnt.I know a couple of families this has happened to.As for my case it definitely isnt the distance,i have 4 schools by me but cant get in any!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral