Forums
Posted By: Norton Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 4:06am
Wirral Council introduced a 33% surcharge for coffins more than 29 inches (74cm) wide or 7ft (2.13m) long.

It follows the installation of larger cremators at Landican Crematorium.

The new surcharge will see those prices rise to between £744 and £843.

Source: BBC News
BBC News Link to original article.
Posted By: stanb Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 7:03am
They are doing everything they can to part you from your hard earned mad
Posted By: granny Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 9:09am
Blimey Norton, that's inflation.

£100 for an extra couple of inches!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 10:44am
I`ll have to put my "Prices" up LOL
How much if? i get wrapped up in a couple of bin bags, "discount" maybe?... even when your dead the government still want your cash its a wonder they don,t charge you for pushing up the daises.... think
Posted By: granny Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 2:17pm

Zipperclub, you are just one 'big' showoff!

Mike, you should keep you ideas under wraps, you know what they are like.Give them an inch and they take a mile.

Already got mine sorted but, will it cost extra?

Attached picture emailjokez_com_39615_8fee4k1171247742.jpg
lol, love it Granny
When I am gone if I qualify as LARGE I will give permission for family to chop me up enough to fit me in, I will be dead so wont care as long as I am burnt, don't want to be put in ground.
Posted By: rocks Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 3:06pm
donate your body to science and they will chop you up to save the family having to do it and i think they also cremate you free of charge and you arrange to collect the ashes (or this is what i was told a few years back as a friends mum donated her body)
Originally Posted by granny

Zipperclub, you are just one 'big' showoff!

Mike, you should keep you ideas under wraps, you know what they are like.Give them an inch and they take a mile.

Already got mine sorted but, will it cost extra?
very good granny raftl
Posted By: rocks Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 3:18pm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jun/16/donate-body-to-medical-science

http://www.hta.gov.uk/bodyorganandtissuedonation/howtodonateyourbody/bodydonationfaqs.cfm
I tried to donate my body but they said it was past it`s sell by date :-(
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 3:41pm
What next? Turd tax?
size / colour and odour lol
Originally Posted by Kevinx
What next? Turd tax?
lol like it.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 12th Apr 2013 11:12pm
Originally Posted by Kevinx
What next? Turd tax?

The amount of it WBC produce they'd bankrupt themselves within a month.
Posted By: venice Re: Council charge for larger coffin cremations - 13th Apr 2013 8:54am
Ha!Ha Ha! Now theres an administrative challenge (but how profitable !) You'd have to have a paid all party council working party for 6mths (only on bog-standard expenses though) to come up with --ah, let me see, at the moment you only pay sewage charges on the same volume of water that comes into your house. Right ,ok seemples, they put an instrument on your house's sewage pipe to measure outflow accurately !! The difference between the volume of the fresh water and the volume of the waste water, is the new turd tax ! grin

However, I mentioned a committee ----which will need to justify itself wont it , so I think it will have to take a good length of time to ponder the project .It must look sufficiently complicated of course, so I suspect they will have to call in scientific experts and consultants to thoroughly examine this new challenge , till finally, amazingly , they will come up with their hard won conclusions .Stuff like...

'In fluid mechanics, displacement occurs when an object is immersed in a fluid, pushing it out of the way and taking its place. The volume of the fluid displaced can then be measured, and from this the volume of the immersed object can be deduced (the volume of the immersed object will be exactly equal to the volume of the displaced fluid).'

oh yeah! Archimedes Principle !!! ...which we all learned when we were about 11 !

Ha! ha! Bring it on!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral