Forums
Posted By: dave_h parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 4:49pm
some woman has for this week been parking over the drive which has a lowered kerb white lines painted and a notice not to park infront of garage, ive got pics for both occasions, advice please guys what to do next... lawful suggestions only ;-)

cheers in advance
Posted By: reddragon Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 5:02pm
if this is your driveway and access required 24/7 then you can either try to contact the driver or failing that contact the police if it's not yours then you could be wasting your time.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 5:03pm
Have you put a note under their wiper asking them (nicely) not to....
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 5:07pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Have you put a note under their wiper asking them (nicely) not to....

note would disintegrate in this weather and im not using my write in the rain paper, need to be taught that its unacceptable, why should they get away with it. theres a sign, road markings and a lowered kerb , i reckon a note wouldnt do anything but cheers anyway
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 5:11pm
Originally Posted by reddragon
if this is your driveway and access required 24/7 then you can either try to contact the driver or failing that contact the police if it's not yours then you could be wasting your time.

as stated in the post, its over the drive but there is no obstruction as there is no car in the garage hence not something the police could do about it, its the councils remit so what im after is someone who knows who i can email,
Posted By: keving Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 5:16pm
if you can, block her car in with yours, I have done this before as it's happened to me many time, even with my car on the drive clearly blocking it in. I have 2 cars though and one is a bit of a shed so parked it touching there bumper. They had to wait for the car behind to move to get it out.

Also put a note on the window and "no-more-nails" it on, but that was a bit childish, but at the time I was quite angry!
Posted By: Snodvan Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 5:53pm
For some years Mum has had a white line along the kerbside where it has a lowered section that would allow access to her property. The fact that there is no access ie we never took down the garden wall, is another issue. Mum is now 94 and disabled. This year the Council kindly painted a "disabled" box on the road in front of her house. HOWEVER it was made VERY clear in the letters from the Coincil that neither the disabled box or the white line by the lowered kerb have any leagal status that would prohibit another person parking there. They are ADVISORY notices only.

That said mum has no problen and all neighbours respect the lines.

In the OPs case the issue is whether access to the premises is in fact blocked? If it is then the person parking is denying access and a first move is to REQUEST that they leave the area clear. Whether or not there is a white line there is irrelevant

If the REQUEST is ignored then a spud up the exhaust may act as a reminder.

Snod
Posted By: chriskay Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:01pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan

Snod

On this theme, across the green, maybe 80 yards away, a guy lives who has a Peugeot 205 with a ridiculously loud after-market exhaust. I'm so tempted one night to creep over there with a can of expanding foam...
Posted By: reddragon Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:01pm
Can I Park In Front Of A Dropped Kerb?

You can park in front of the dropped kerb outside your property. Your family members and friends can also do so. However, if someone else parks across your dropped kerb without your permission, you can request the council to issue them with a PCN. Penalty Charge Notice ( taken from Ask .com )

Can i park in front of a drop kerb?

even if there are no double yellow lines you could still get a ticket, or indeed be charged, for 'inconsiderate parking'. not really worth the hassle.( taken from yahoo answers )
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:02pm
just found out, need to email streetscene they get in touch with parking enforcement people who issue the offender with a ticket,
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:04pm
For some years Mum has had a white line along the kerbside where it has a lowered section that would allow access to her property. The fact that there is no access ie we never took down the garden wall, is another issue. Mum is now 94 and disabled. This year the Council kindly painted a "disabled" box on the road in front of her house. HOWEVER it was made VERY clear in the letters from the Coincil that neither the disabled box or the white line by the lowered kerb have any leagal status that would prohibit another person parking there. They are ADVISORY notices only.

That said mum has no problen and all neighbours respect the lines.

In the OPs case the issue is whether access to the premises is in fact blocked? If it is then the person parking is denying access and a first move is to REQUEST that they leave the area clear. Whether or not there is a white line there is irrelevant

Snod

Local authorities have had the powers to issue the notices on irresponsible drivers since last year under the Traffic Management Act 2004.

taken from http://www.wirral.gov.uk/news/28-10-2010/council-makes-kerb-appeal-thoughtless-drivers
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:06pm
this forum on wiki aswell just found

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/69802/Dropped_kerb_parking_affected_.html
Posted By: hoseman Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:32pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

Snod

On this theme, across the green, maybe 80 yards away, a guy lives who has a Peugeot 205 with a ridiculously loud after-market exhaust. I'm so tempted one night to creep over there with a can of expanding foam...

Note....
Before spraying the expanding foam!!!
I have experimened with this in the past and think i have perfected the action!
Get a longer nozzle for your spray foam can, bit of semi flexible tubing, you want it "Right up the Pipe!!", preferably up to the mindless fookwits backbox!
Also you need to wet the inside of the pipe to help the foam to stick, especially if carbon encrusted!
Then you need to wait....and wait....and wait....WITH a camera/camcorder so we can all enjoy it too. Dont forget, Wiki is for sharing!!!!! LOL raftl

Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:45pm
Originally Posted by ramy2007
I had this problem when I lived in a Clwyd Street people just parking over our drive and in our drive so I brought a clamp and clamped them when parked in the drive and when people blocked my drive I took picture and reg numbers and sent them to the council they soon stopped one guy told me that its my fault people park in my drive because i never had a car MY parking space was free to anyone who did have a car only problem was my house was connected to my drive and i was the one paying the rent so he was talking out his bum sorry for rambling lol

he tried the old snooze you loose approach, what a fooking tool
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 6:49pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Originally Posted by chriskay

Snod

Note....
Before spraying the expanding foam!!!
I have experimened with this in the past and think i have perfected the action!
Get a longer nozzle for your spray foam can, bit of semi flexible tubing, you want it "Right up the Pipe!!", preferably up to the mindless fookwits backbox!
Also you need to wet the inside of the pipe to help the foam to stick, especially if carbon encrusted!
Then you need to wait....and wait....and wait....WITH a camera/camcorder so we can all enjoy it too. Dont forget, Wiki is for sharing!!!!! LOL raftl

i would very much enjoy that haha
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 7:04pm
Whatever you do, don't put doggy doo under the door handles with drawing pins sticking out of it. It might cause the car owner to prick their finger when they try to open their door then instinctively put their hurt finger covered in doggy doo in their mouth.
Posted By: Davefabo Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 7:41pm
you shouldnt do this, criminal offences may be committed, such as criminal damage to the exhaust. if the car owner gets a video of you doing it on their mobile for instance you will be bang to rights, so resist the temptation.
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 8:06pm
A comment on original post - the white line is just to stop right minded people parking across your drive it has no standing in law. If the person is causing obstruction - preventing access to/from drive then report it to police because obstruction is illegal. Now whether you get response is different matter - but a picture with time & date and note of the reg. number to the boys (or girls) in blue combined with a letter to that effect under windscreen wiper may help...
Posted By: Snodvan Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 9:03pm
Originally Posted by oldpm01
A comment on original post - the white line is just to stop right minded people parking across your drive it has no standing in law. If the person is causing obstruction - preventing access to/from drive then report it to police because obstruction is illegal. Now whether you get response is different matter - but a picture with time & date and note of the reg. number to the boys (or girls) in blue combined with a letter to that effect under windscreen wiper may help...

+1 for that. Always better to try the official way (first).
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 18th Apr 2012 11:03pm
Originally Posted by oldpm01

its not obstruction getting into a drive ... only when trying to get a vehicle out
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: parking problem - 19th Apr 2012 12:11pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dave_h Re: parking problem - 19th Apr 2012 12:48pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

hahahahahaha, that was my first though ;-)
Posted By: Schuu Re: parking problem - 19th Apr 2012 1:55pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
Whatever you do, don't put doggy doo under the door handles with drawing pins sticking out of it. It might cause the car owner to prick their finger when they try to open their door then instinctively put their hurt finger covered in doggy doo in their mouth.

haha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral