Forums
Posted By: masterbun Wirral council makes Private Eye - 1st Jun 2011 6:14pm
In the latest edition (1289) of PE wirral council makes the Rotten Boroughs section with an article about an offical hounded out his job for whistleblowing on the fact that the council overcharging elderly and vulnerable people in their care.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral council makes Private Eye - 1st Jun 2011 7:00pm
Yes, I saw that too. Was dithering about putting it up. Presume if it's already in the public domain AND you credit the source it'll be OK. ???
Posted By: masterbun Re: Wirral council makes Private Eye - 2nd Jun 2011 1:40am
Who knows these days. I thought that it might be interesting to find out if the matter had been aired locally at all because the person involved apparently refused to be 'gagged' and some sort of solution had been arrived at.
I hope that the elderly and disabled people really have had their lot improved by his actions.
Well don that man !!
Posted By: MikeT Re: Wirral council makes Private Eye - 2nd Jun 2011 7:10am
Originally Posted by masterbun
In the latest edition (1289) of PE wirral council makes the Rotten Boroughs section with an article about an offical hounded out his job for whistleblowing on the fact that the council overcharging elderly and vulnerable people in their care.
Yeah, I saw that too. Good old Lord Gnome, I've been reading the Eye for thirty years and never once cancelled my subscription :o)
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Wirral council makes Private Eye - 2nd Jun 2011 7:32am
Are you talking about this?
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8...offered_his_job_back_by_town_hall_chief/

The guy took a pay off of thousands (council taxes) to keep his mouth shut, then he went to the papers (didn't give the money back) & know he wants to work for the council again. What a guy!
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Wirral council makes Private Eye - 2nd Jun 2011 8:18am
There are some unhappy people working in that department , if the comments after the story are anything to go by...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral