Forums
Posted By: Greenwood Electoral register mailing confusion - 9th Aug 2021 9:16am
This morning I received the Council mailing ref CCA dated 30/7/21. The letter states:

'You do not need to respond if all information is correct'... etc.

The accompanying leaflet states: 'If all the details on the form are correct, do I still need to respond? Yes, you are required by law'... etc.

These two statements are contradictory. Yeesh... How does the Council expect people to respect it if it can't even get that info right? I've emailed them and will be interested to see if and when I receive a response. In the meantime I'm going with the info in the letter.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Electoral register mailing confusion - 12th Aug 2021 10:13pm
I did get a reply, saying that some people (hah - wonder how many?) had received a contradictory leaflet and to just go with what was in the letter. Somebody goofed somewhere...
Posted By: dtyson Re: Electoral register mailing confusion - 13th Aug 2021 10:35pm
Having confirmed our electoral details online on the 7th July and received an email confirmation, I was a bit surprised to receive another letter with the same registration details and the contradictory leaflet as well. Both got shredded and binned. A case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing (and probably a waste of tax payers money...)

Dave
© Wirral-Wikiwirral