Forums
Posted By: Greenwood Vanishing recycling bins... - 16th Mar 2021 12:04pm
Just wondering if anyone knows the reason why the recycling bins for plastic, cans and bottles have been taken away from Upton Sainsburys - and possibly other supermarkets, though I haven't been to check? I used the plastics one regularly, though the kerbside collection is okay for some plastic, as well as cans and glass. This is not likely to encourage people to recycle - I thought that was a priority. Can't see anything on the council's Facebook page to explain it - but maybe it's not the council's responsibility Any ideas?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Vanishing recycling bins... - 16th Mar 2021 12:35pm
I know some JS (and possibly other) stores have had to temporarily stop the recycling facilites due to the insanity of people who just pile stuff up in and around the bins even though it is obvious there is no room. I don't know if this could be the same at Upton. This is Birmingham but Nottingam and others have had to do the same.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-mountain-rubbish-dumped-city-17502039
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Vanishing recycling bins... - 16th Mar 2021 6:28pm
Covid 19
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Vanishing recycling bins... - 16th Mar 2021 7:06pm
I doubt it's directly to do with covid as it's only happened very recently - the random dumping issue could be the cause, I suppose. Health & Safety, rats, fire risk etc. Nowhere near as bad as the images in the link, thank goodness, but annoying!
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Vanishing recycling bins... - 18th Mar 2021 1:21pm
I asked at customer services in Sainsburys this morning; she confirmed that the absence of bins was to do with increased levels of fly tipping, and she had no idea if they would be returning. Thanks a bunch, fly-tippers... that just makes it harder for people who genuinely want to recycle.
Posted By: Linda29 Re: Vanishing recycling bins... - 19th Mar 2021 9:26pm
Interesting. Please can you tell me how to research old tranmere?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Vanishing recycling bins... - 20th Mar 2021 7:24am
Originally Posted by Linda29
Interesting. Please can you tell me how to research old tranmere?

Look in the History section or ask questions in the History Information request section.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral