Forums
Posted By: mikeeb 4 Bridges - 1st Mar 2021 2:28pm
Anyone been over the 4 bridges lately?
It may look better but why did it take so long?
Also that new roundabout that isn't quite a roundabout, the one you drive over without realising it is a roundabout until it's too late.
And those traffic lights on the roundabout on the Wallasey side don't need to be there because they just hold up all the traffic Wallasey bound, even when the traffic is relatively quiet.
Posted By: philmch Re: 4 Bridges - 1st Mar 2021 4:07pm
I cycled over there last week on my way to work and I can see that it was money well wasted. As a council tax payer I say forget about these useless multi million pound schemes. WBC should concentrate on reducing council tax to the bare minimum and spend only on essential services such as cleaning the streets and repairing the roads.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: 4 Bridges - 2nd Mar 2021 10:44am
Yet they are proposing to raise council tax by 4.99%.
How much did this scheme cost by the way?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 4 Bridges - 2nd Mar 2021 9:41pm
Speed ramps are pretty useless too although people are keeping to a 20mph limit every time ive used it.

Quite like the spotlights and trees they've fitted.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: 4 Bridges - 31st Mar 2021 5:59am
Apparently that new roundabout isn't a roundabout.

A spokesperson for the authority said: “Junctions like this one are ‘no priority’ and do not give one vehicle a right over another nor do they give vehicle drivers priority over people walking and on bikes.
“They operate on the basis of all users reducing speed or stopping in order to negotiate the junction safely.”

What the hell?
I'd never heard of one of these, and I suspect not many have either.
What it needs is a give way sign and road markings on Tower Warf.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/safety-fears-drivers-slam-confusing-20289102
© Wirral-Wikiwirral