Forums
Posted By: rossie Coastal views - 31st Dec 2020 9:01pm
Enjoying the lovely bright days walking along coast Moreton/Meols. This morning what appears to be a power station was clearly visible. Could this be Anglesey ? Would love to know which mountain ranges I am looking at. Many thanks for any information.Happy New Year Everybody.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Coastal views - 1st Jan 2021 9:07am
West Kirby is pretty much opposite Talacre. There is a gas station at Point of Ayr which is close to Talacre. I have always thought it was Clwydian Range that we can see from that walk.
Posted By: rossie Re: Coastal views - 1st Jan 2021 9:27am
Thanks
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Coastal views - 1st Jan 2021 3:28pm
From meols on a clear you can see across the crosby channel to formby point and blackpool tower. To the left above talacre a radio mast and to the right of it in the sea little orme . Not puffin island and anglesey as thats round the corner.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Coastal views - 2nd Jan 2021 11:00am
You can see Anglesey from the Harrison Drive end of the prom. On a clear day. Get the map out and a ruler, you will see I am right.
Posted By: rossie Re: Coastal views - 2nd Jan 2021 2:57pm
Thanks very much for comments.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Coastal views - 3rd Jan 2021 11:11pm
Power station of sorts near the bridge at Flint but doubt that can be seen from where you were walking as its round the corner at west kirby
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Coastal views - 7th Jan 2021 1:29pm
There's a service rig out to sea working on the wind farm. Perhaps it was that?

I can't think of any Welsh power stations that would be visible from Wirral other than the one at Queensferry.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral