Forums
Posted By: CaptSanta Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 4th Apr 2020 8:19am
Hi folks,

My neighbor Brian Mallor who lives here on the Isle of Man is in his 80s and he used to work on the ferry before he retired. Around 20 years ago, he used to date a lady who lived in the Ford Estate named Mavis Thorgould(spelling?). He believes she would be in her 60s now.

He’s wanting any help from the internet sleuths out there who may know a Mavis who used to live or may still live in the Wirral area. With the recent goings on, he’s wanting to get back in touch and make she is safe. He’s been a wonderful neighbor to us these past years and since he doesn’t know technology, we volunteered to help out.

Many thanks and stay safe!
Douglas
Posted By: granny Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 4th Apr 2020 1:45pm
Could the name be Thorogood ? Not that I have found anything but there are people with that surname on Wirral 1976.. as shown in link.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/46855/supplement/4327/data.pdf
If you know the road name on the Ford Estate, I have the 2000 electoral register and can find the correct name/spelling.
Posted By: granny Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 4th Apr 2020 2:13pm
Originally Posted by granny
Could the name be Thorogood ? Not that I have found anything but there are people with that surname on Wirral 1976.. as shown in link.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/46855/supplement/4327/data.pdf

Sorry, I posted the wrong link and now can't find the one intended .

'Diggindeeper', will more likely be able to help you.
Yes, thorogood sounds right to him.
Posted By: granny Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 4th Apr 2020 11:27pm

Could be a relative. :

http://www.checkcompany.co.uk/director/4567725/MR.-LEE-THOROGOOD
Posted By: assassin Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 5th Apr 2020 12:42pm
click here for Mavis-Thorogood sign up to www.geni.com its free smile
No road name, unfortunately. She had a son around 20 years ago. I’m not entirely sure where to turn next.
Posted By: granny Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 6th Apr 2020 9:48pm

Another possible relation.

https://www.192.com/atoz/people/thorogood/john/ch49/3579227380/

Was Thorogood her maiden name ? She could have married and changed her name.
Posted By: granny Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 6th Apr 2020 9:51pm

What have you got on the electoral roll DD ?
Originally Posted by granny
What have you got on the electoral roll DD ?

Without a road name its a big task going through the electoral roll accurately so I can't guarantee precision, your eyes start playing up after a while. I scanned through twice, first for a similar surname but didn't spot it, the second for Mavis of which I found four but no matching surname - if Mavis was a second name it would be initial only.

The four surnames for Mavis were Sheridan, Williams, Gillison and Hellon (I think, I scribbled the results pretty illegibly). I noted them in case there was a maiden/married name possibility that cropped up.

There were a couple of surnames that could have been vague contenders but no matching M initial so I didn't note them.

Although the electoral register is ordered by house number its amazing how often blocks of surnames appear to be in alphabetical order which can play tricks on you. You get a large group of Cs then Ds together but if you are looking for "S" your brain is screaming at you to jump ahead.
Posted By: granny Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 7th Apr 2020 4:28am

I suppose we might not even have the right name/spelling . There is also the name ' Thurgood ', and possibly others.

It seems you could be on a bit of a wild goose chase, CaptSanta.
Posted By: assassin Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 7th Apr 2020 9:09am
If Bert was here he would of found it, he help many people on here find the person they where looking for, but I've not seen him on here for a long time.
Posted By: CaptSanta Re: Isle Of Man resident looking for past love - 13th Apr 2020 6:11am
Thank you. She had a child around 20 years ago so that’s the most recent bit of extra news he remembers. I’ve asked him to keep thinking about any other details so I can relay them on.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral