Forums
Posted By: lincle street works - 22nd Jan 2020 7:52am
It was only a few weeks ago that residents were inconvenienced by Open Reach installing cables everywhere.In my case 5 days of being unable to use my driveway then guess what along come Virgin doing the same thing,digging up the same pavements & more inconvenience made worse by the fact that double yellow lines restrict road parking . Why cant these companies work in conjunction with each other ,is it too much to ask or us it a man thing.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: street works - 22nd Jan 2020 9:42am
I'm reminded of this great advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THoCE_9tyfk
Posted By: lincle Re: street works - 22nd Jan 2020 10:05am
Nice one Gibbo.Now I know why they never work in conjunction.......Theyre all drunk 😄
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: street works - 22nd Jan 2020 1:44pm
Originally Posted by lincle
Why cant these companies work in conjunction with each other ,is it too much to ask or us it a man thing.

The Council are supposed to co-ordinate roadworks however I'm not sure if telecomms may have a waiver over the normal notification to the council of prospective work.

To be fair, OpenReach are normally pretty good at limiting disturbance.

Virgin have started using Openreach ducting under Ofcom's program to share ducting and poles, its early days and in this instance it appears the BT ducting wasn't in place when Virgin were planning.
Posted By: lincle Re: street works - 22nd Jan 2020 7:10pm
To give credit where its due the guys have worked non stop since early morning & apart from a bit of tidying the work

appears to have finished.They were very obliging by moving the barricades so everybody had access to the driveways if required
© Wirral-Wikiwirral