Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Wirral Beer Festival - 27th Mar 2015 2:50pm
I went to this event last night in Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight, with a friend to enjoy a few beers and a chat. So did hundreds of others, evidently with the same idea. It was a good venue and there were many ales to choose from, there was enough seating and a number of different food stalls.

Unfortunately the organisers had decided to engage a band. Whether they were good or bad I am unable to say - it isn't my sort of music - but what I can say is that they were TOO BLOODY LOUD!. The sheer volume of heavily amplified sound made any sort of conversation difficult, and cleared the area for many metres in front of the speakers of people who moved away from the intolerable din. We took our chairs and moved out to the foyer to drink, and so did quite a few others.

I don't know why it is that an over amplified band is so often added to occasions like this. I guarantee 90% of the people there would have preferred not to have ANY musical entertainment. They might have been quite a good band without the amplifiers. With them, they ruined for many of us what would have been a much more pleasant evening.
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral Beer Festival - 27th Mar 2015 4:57pm
What a shame. Seems a common thing these days with all background venue music live or otherwise. We always have to ask can they turn the music down if we go out for lunch, otherwise we couldnt even have a chat. The adverts on the TV are too loud as well compared to the progs.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Beer Festival - 27th Mar 2015 5:12pm
Sadly, it is not the only event I have had ruined by deafening music.

Posted By: Salmon Re: Wirral Beer Festival - 27th Mar 2015 5:33pm
I could not agree more, loud music ruins many occasions. I often wonder when it is live if they have it deliberately loud to hide the deficiencies in the performers.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Wirral Beer Festival - 27th Mar 2015 6:45pm
Was like that in the Arrowe at Arrowe park recently ... thought ooh this is a nice place for a family meal ,so visited there when a few relatives came up from the South .... The owners had the radio on so loud it was hard to chat! lol we're getting old or they are noisemongers ... or both
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Wirral Beer Festival - 28th Mar 2015 10:03am
I went last night to, different experience though. Band were a decent pub band, bit rocky for me but good for a dance.

There were loads of people stood around the front dancing, agreed though a few do reduction wouldn't have gone amiss.

Pie's were great, beers were great with the exception of the plum and chilli flavour!
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Beer Festival - 28th Mar 2015 12:55pm
Well, the pie I ate was magnificent with a little added pickle and mustard.

Who needs a band when you can eat good pies and drink good beer?
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Wirral Beer Festival - 29th Mar 2015 3:20pm
It is free entry today and they are exchanging tickets people have already bought for beer tokens.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral