Forums
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Fog Bank Over The River Mersey - 18th Mar 2015 12:27pm
Interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85mufXCw4NI

[youtube]85mufXCw4NI[/youtube]
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Fog Bank Over The River Mersey - 18th Mar 2015 4:32pm
I'm dog-sitting this week so I took the dog down to Derby Pool late morning, and it was SO misty there! Coastguard truck went along the seawall with its siren going at one point; hope nobody was lost out on a sandbank, although the tide was ebbing it could still be dangerous as you could lose all sense of direction out there, I imagine. The mist moved, and lifted a bit later; we heard a ship's horn on the river, as it was leaving port. Friend's grandson was disappointed that the ship remained invisible in the mist, with only the occasional hoot to mark its progress towards the open sea.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fog Bank Over The River Mersey - 18th Mar 2015 7:46pm
I usually have a panoramic view of Liverpool,from the upper floors St Caths but today the only thing that could be seen was a 'ghostly apparition' of the Anglican Cathedral.

I chuckled to myself- even when the entire city is fogged out, the cathedral can STILL be seen.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Fog Bank Over The River Mersey - 19th Mar 2015 1:03am
Looks spooky ... but I do watch way too many horror movies
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Fog Bank Over The River Mersey - 19th Mar 2015 1:49am
Bolt your doors. Lock your windows. There's something in the fog! - John Carpenter
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Fog Bank Over The River Mersey - 19th Mar 2015 1:50am
Could hear pile driving from Liverpool2 on that video.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Fog Bank Over The River Mersey - 19th Mar 2015 1:56am
Added to the spookiness ... the noise of the ghosts in the haunted fog (I mean piledriver ahem )
© Wirral-Wikiwirral