Forums
Posted By: Mark Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 24th Dec 2014 12:51pm
Children everywhere need to be vigilant for parental lies tonight as Santa’s sleigh the International Space Station zips across Britain’s skies.

Britain is going to get a perfect view of the International Space Station in the sky tonight...

[Linked Image]

The spectacle, which will look like a bright light passing across the sky, will be visible as darkness falls today at around 5.20pm.

Excellent viewing conditions are expected – weather permitting – making the timing perfect for parents looking to trick their children into believing Father Christmas is flying across the sky in a ball of light on Christmas Eve.

Those who live in southern Britain will get the best view of the space station (ISS) at 5.22pm for approximately three minutes.

In London look up at around 35 degrees from the horizon and watch for a ball of light moving in an arc-shape across the sky from the west.

In Cardiff, the ISS will be around 32 degrees before moving up to around 53 degrees.

Source : Click Me

You could tell the Children that's Santa is just off to Work
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 24th Dec 2014 4:27pm
Sweet! Not too much cloud, so a chance of a viewing. Lovely New(ish) Moon out at the moment, too.
Posted By: venice Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 24th Dec 2014 5:25pm
Yay , just seen it. Clear as crystal , thanks , I wouldnt have known otherwise.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 24th Dec 2014 5:29pm
Bit red and a bit fast but hard to believe their are people eating turkey dinners on that.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 24th Dec 2014 5:42pm
Saw it go over my house, very clear
Posted By: cools Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 24th Dec 2014 6:31pm
Aww I missed Santa , looked but perhaps too late. Just heard on radio last possible sighting 7pm so will have a good look.
Posted By: Mark Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 24th Dec 2014 10:11pm
Right now there is a bright star above Liverpool.
I think its a satellite but you could blag it as Santa again lol
Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 25th Dec 2014 2:48am
stood like a tw@ on biddy hill looking up. did not see it.
everyone else did in their back garden.
made the trip specially at the right time.
what a let down. xmas will not be the same now.
there is no santa for me!!!
Posted By: cools Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 25th Dec 2014 7:59am
Aww Chopper , I too was disappointed in not seeing it., but Santa does does exist he really does!!
Posted By: venice Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 25th Dec 2014 9:06am
Shame not everyone saw it. Actually I dont think it stayed in my vision for the several minutes promised , thinking back, probably only a minute at the most before it disappeared , so yes timing was probably critical.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 25th Dec 2014 9:15am
I looked up to see Santa but saw Jack S%%t instead frown
Posted By: chriskay Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 25th Dec 2014 3:28pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

That's because he only appears to good little boys.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 25th Dec 2014 3:52pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

but I have been good Chis, I ate all my sprouts smile
Posted By: chriskay Re: Perfect View of Santa In the Sky Tonight - 25th Dec 2014 10:51pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

but I have been good Chis, I ate all my sprouts smile

Ah, if only it took so little to be good.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral