Forums
Posted By: lamped Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 16th Dec 2014 10:28am
Thank you to the previous member who recommended Steve at Cobblestones driveways 07889297686 he has just completed a driveway and patio for me.Very professional excellent job. I would NOT recommend Unique Paving and building also know as Unique Paving & Landscapes Ledsham or Printmaster spital.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 16th Dec 2014 4:54pm
Steve is the best in the game used him a number of times.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 16th Dec 2014 5:40pm
Time will tell how good a job has been done --I see a lot that have cracked because no expansion joints put in or other reasons
Posted By: venice Re: Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 16th Dec 2014 5:44pm
No I wouldnt recommend Printmaster either . A bad experience.Very unreliable. We ended up using Wrexham Concrete who were excellent. Still no cracks at all thank goodness after 7/8 years .Nice to have a local recommendation though, will keep that in mind if we want more done.
Posted By: Laraine Re: Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 16th Dec 2014 11:36pm
Was is it a good price? I am thinking of getting our driveway redone, think it needs it after 60+ years :-)
Posted By: venice Re: Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 17th Dec 2014 10:30am
I honestly cant remember what it worked out at per metre but it is an expensive process and it will depend too on the groundwork they have to do prior to cementing. I did get estimates - the one from Printmaster was cheaper, the estimate visit sounded very professional, but customer liaison was non existent, and I also spoke to a lady in the village who was disappointed they had failed to do her drive's free anniversary 'revarnish'.

I suppose even with recommendations and a good company, its still possible to get cracks, so its probably a good idea to get in writing what their policy is , should that happen. Viewing ones theyve done previously is helpful for choosing pattern and colour , but Im sure all companies will only mention their successful ones!

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 19th Dec 2014 5:37pm
Ive seen one company who actually imprint there name into the concrete in a corner--like a seal. That's confidence for you
Posted By: venice Re: Imprinted Concrete Driveway - 19th Dec 2014 7:51pm
Yep,ours has got Wrexham concretes stamp on each corner . They told me they started doing it after a rival company was telling clients addresses to look at , which WCD had actually done! I think there's another company, not sure who, who put a big stainless steel stud sunk in each corner.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral