Forums
Posted By: mikroc Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 12:35pm
Anyone else would get a bollocking no emergency neither

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: chriskay Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 1:50pm
It's not clear what's wrong.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 2:01pm
Are there double yellows at the bus stop? Is it a marked bus stop? The angle of the photo makes it difficult to see the road to make a judgement. Which house were the police visiting?

Even if the van wasn't there I'd imagine it would be difficult for a bus to pull into the gap between the two cars.
Posted By: Mark Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 2:07pm
Not just a local problem Click me

It does boil my blood where the full arm of the law is when it suits.
Posted By: sonylegs Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 2:14pm
I zoomed in, you can see markings and the car on the right is within the bus stop marking. Cheers

Attached picture Untitled.png
Posted By: Dilly Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 2:51pm
Originally Posted by sonylegs
I zoomed in, you can see markings and the car on the right is within the bus stop marking. Cheers

You have eyes like a s##thouse rat Sony smile
Posted By: IanGsi16v Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 3:05pm
As usual, one rule for one and one rule for another. Would be a fine and possible points for anyone else.

See it all the time, on double yellows etc out side the chippy, parked on the pavement between the slip road and Arrowe Park Road in Upton village.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 3:53pm
Ye it's in the marked bus stop. While no room for a bus to unload passengers safe so forced to get off in the road.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 4:48pm
crime of the century!!
Posted By: Alonso Re: Perfect Parking - 10th Dec 2014 8:06pm
They can park outside my place 24/07. It might cause that prat who drives his motorbike at 60mph to slow down.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Perfect Parking - 11th Dec 2014 11:08am
It does say in the highway code not to park in a marked bus stop, but the same rule also says not to park facing against the traffic flow, and how many people do this on a daily basis.

I'm always willing to give emergency or other official vehicles the benefit of the doubt, especially if you don't know the circumstances, and whether they're exempt from the normal rules. I've often seen people whinge about traffic wardens parked on double yellows.

In this case I don't know what the police were doing, whether the use of the van meant there was equipment or people that needed to be close to where they were working, or whether the road was chock full of cars and it would have meant parking the police van some distance away.

I'd rather see them in the van and on their way to the next job than wasting minutes walking back to the van if it had to be parked streets away.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Perfect Parking - 11th Dec 2014 11:08pm
Heres a couple-- one of a well known car driving school waiting parked on double yellows for 20 minutes to pick up a school girl for her lesson and just for the record reg FP14 NFD. (not the first time hes parked there either) The other in Upton--no parking space-- no problem straight up on the pavement.

Attached picture IMG0117A.jpg
Attached picture IMG0124A.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral