Forums
Posted By: Papermaker Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 27th Mar 2014 6:11pm
United Utils to close Leasowe Road for 10 weeks starting 7th April.
Prep work begun today. Will be closed opposite Castleway North, to repair the dip in the road, which I believe to be a collapsed sewer
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 27th Mar 2014 6:29pm
Says here 26th June to 15th September
http://www.unitedutilities.com/planned-work.aspx?t=CH46+2RH&f=All
Posted By: Bobario Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 27th Mar 2014 6:50pm
Papermaker is right, I went past the sign on the way home from work and it said 7th of next month.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 27th Mar 2014 6:59pm
Lets hope the United Utilities workers don't go on the web and read up. That way the dip will get sorted, though being a big kid I love going over it at speed :-))
Also the other side of the road with the dips at every grid, super bouncy :-))
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 27th Mar 2014 7:28pm
A closure at Castleway North presumably means the traffic into Gardenside / Twickenham will be significantly increased. Not the widest of roads and WITH speed humps and 2 schools. I wonder if "they" will impose parking restrictions to help traffic flow

Snod
Posted By: Papermaker Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 27th Mar 2014 7:46pm
It looks like Castleway will still be in use, but can't be 100% sure
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 27th Mar 2014 9:11pm
That dip in the road needs sorting and its getting worse.

Posted By: Bobario Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 28th Mar 2014 9:42am
They are also digging up part of the Tarran Estate for three months at least. Traffic around that area is going to be hectic for a while.
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: Leasowe Road CLOSED FOR 10 WEEKS !!! - 28th Mar 2014 11:23am
Hope the shops down there are not affected, especially the dog food shop!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral