Forums
Hello
Here is a Youtube upload of Charley Wright (the last resident of the demolished section of Birkenhead's River Streets)featured on Inside Out North West Monday 17/02/14 :

[youtube]diJNavAbGwE[/youtube]
good on yer Charley !
Just watched this, missed it the other night,so thanks for posting very good , enjoyed it....
Thanks for posting, I missed it on the TV too.....
Thanks for posting that video, I really enjoyed it and you can't help but admire Charlie for sticking to his principles. I have often gone over the Penny Bridge and down Corporation Road and wondered who was the nutter in that isolated house with the flags fluttering outside.
Next time I go that way I will have a totally different opinion of the guy I now know is Charlie and I will respect his single minded insistence of his rights as a householder in the face of corporate pressure to move him out.
I hope he will benefit financially from his obstinacy but I do admire his stand and I wish him well.
great link thanks.
i live just up the road from the guy
I remember the programme about Tees Street, no one working. This lunatic says he can remember when every one around him had a job. Well, what a load of rubbish!. He has lost the plot and needs to be left alone. When he is dead, then they will knock down his house, and there will still be no buildings around. Nobody wants to build there. You need to watch it again, he is not the full shilling.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral