Forums
Posted By: BlueLou Town boundaries - 22nd Jan 2014 9:00pm
Does anyone know where I can find information on town boundaries?

It's nothing important, it's for 'academic purposes'.

I noticed that there are signs telling which town I was entering, yet there's no signs at the other end to say that I've left. laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Town boundaries - 22nd Jan 2014 9:01pm
lol laugh

Originally Posted by BlueLou

I noticed that there are signs telling which town I was entering, yet there's no signs at the other end to say that I've left. laugh
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Town boundaries - 22nd Jan 2014 10:19pm
you never leave
stuck in the twilight zone
Posted By: Livels89 Re: Town boundaries - 22nd Jan 2014 11:25pm
Try birkenhead library upstairs
Posted By: casper Re: Town boundaries - 23rd Jan 2014 9:30am
I've noticed the same with regions, eg: on entering Wales, logically it must mean you've left England.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Town boundaries - 23rd Jan 2014 11:15am
If you don't know what town, shire or country you were just driving in, you shouldn't be on the road!
Posted By: BlueLou Re: Town boundaries - 23rd Jan 2014 9:28pm
It's even worse.. I live in the town in which I do not know the boundaries of! smile

On a similar issue, there's an area near West Kirby called Grange. I imagine it's where Calday Grange Grammar School got it's name, yet I've never seen it on any road sign.

Posted By: mikeeb Re: Town boundaries - 23rd Jan 2014 11:19pm
what town blue?
i can help crazy
Posted By: BlueLou Re: Town boundaries - 31st Jan 2014 2:14pm
Newton, there are signs saying "Newton" as you drive from Frankby towards West Kirby, but there's none anywhere else. I don't know if Hilbre School and the farms down the China Farm Lane, are considered as being in Newton. It's not particularly important, I was intrigued.

Google Maps is no use, they consider practically the whole of Wirral as being Birkenhead.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral