Forums
Posted By: Mark Street Lighting Switch Off - Was any consultation? - 22nd Jan 2014 1:02pm
Street Lighting Switch Off - Was any consultation undertaken?

Freedom of Information Request

Source Click Me
I have no idea, but it surprised me round Xmas that whilst going through Heswall in the middle of the night, all the Xmas lights were blazing away . WHY??. That should be the first cut of all.Off at midnight. Probably wasnt the only area either .
Friggin joke.i bet if anyone has a good look,There will be the odd street light left on in the daytime constantly.
They certainly consulted each other on this little snippet. Taken from a link within your link Mark, which in all fairness is not available to those who are without internet access, and therefore most vulnerable to any unannounced changes within the borough.

http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/mgAi.aspx?ID=23643#mgDocuments

Street Lighting £85k

· Officers agreed to address concerns that were expressed in relation to the procurement restrictions being in place, which could prevent the use more efficient lighting technology and adversely impact on the Lighting Strategy.

· That, with many residents being in fuel poverty, it was not acceptable to expect residents to provide or improve their own lighting on their premises to reduce dependence on public lighting.
raftl
· That the officers should investigate and compare the costs and potential savings associated with new LED lighting technology against dimming the existing conventional lighting.

Always some little amusing idea to be discussed in these meetings.

Maybe if they did a bit of tree pruning around the lamposts, they would save even more money, you get a light and a tree and the branches make it dark enough to be on all day and you get a light and a tree whose branches cover enough of top of the light to make the light come on early, you get a light that's been on 2 years and you watch them work on the light on the opposite side of the road, but the light is still on (Barnston rd), prune the trees council it's cheaper the lights will come on at lighting up time and not an hour earlier
Originally Posted by davew3
Maybe if they did a bit of tree pruning around the lamposts, they would save even more money, you get a light and a tree and the branches make it dark enough to be on all day and you get a light and a tree whose branches cover enough of top of the light to make the light come on early, you get a light that's been on 2 years and you watch them work on the light on the opposite side of the road, but the light is still on (Barnston rd), prune the trees council it's cheaper the lights will come on at lighting up time and not an hour earlier

Couldn't agree more clap
© Wirral-Wikiwirral