Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 6:16am
Just a word of advice, if you need passport photos I would definitely go to the official photo booths and NOT the fella in the Market. I got some pics and they were rejected by the Passport office, you think he would know how to take them considering he advertises as Passport Pics. Anyway they were rejected as there are rules about how close you need to be. It caused a lot of bother as we were on a same day appointment, but he did give me a refund. But I would stick to the booths, they actually give you a guide for your face to make sure you are in the right part of the frame.
Posted By: Mark Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 7:56am
You can also get the post office to check the passport application first before sending. However that's a service that you have to pay for on top. If they check it and there is faults after the checks if i remember correctly the own-us is on the post office.

Glad you got it sorted, Nervous times passports.
Posted By: shar215 Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 8:58am
me and the family have always used Fairs Cameras for passport pics. never had a problem. they definitely now how to take a good pic . and they are cheaper than the booths
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 9:56am
I am going away on wednesday
Sent off using post office check and send 2 weeks ago and am now getting nervous in case it doesn't arrive in time
My mate done the same with a renewal with the post office and it only took a week
Squeaky bum time for me at the moment
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 10:03am
I always get mine done at Max Spielmans, it only costs about £5 and they know all the rules and regs, which are quite a few these days.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 1:10pm
Originally Posted by mikeeb
I am going away on wednesday
Sent off using post office check and send 2 weeks ago and am now getting nervous in case it doesn't arrive in time
My mate done the same with a renewal with the post office and it only took a week
Squeaky bum time for me at the moment

I would ring the passport office if I was you. This happened to a friend of mine and when they rang they discovered it had been sent to number 2 instead of 21.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 1:50pm
Just rang them
It was printed on friday and waiting to be picked up by courier
Cannot track it until they pick it up
He said tomorrow or wed
Cutting it a bit fine here omg
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 2:56pm
Did my own with digital camera and printed out on my bog standard printer.
Posted By: Lynda Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 4:41pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Did my own with digital camera and printed out on my bog standard printer.

I did the same for step-daughters pics for her ID card, there are a few templates online that you can use for the right size, borders needed etc
Posted By: Guzzler Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 6:41pm
I got my photo taken at the Post Office in Market Street, paid for the checking service & it was on my door step in 9 days
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Passport Photos - 9th Dec 2013 10:03pm
I don't think there is any problem doing them yourself but you have to have the size right, to say that the guy in the market MARKETS himself as a Passport photo printer and then doesn't take them to size take the p*&&.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral