Forums
Posted By: futurepast Chance for Wirral community to buy local club - 22nd Nov 2013 9:07am
Thought I'd give this a mention.
tranmere rovers

Posted By: Santos Re: Chance for Wirral community to buy local club - 22nd Nov 2013 10:00am
I would imagine that the author of that article has just wasted his money. To put money in a club that spends its entire season trying to avoid relegation appears foolhardy to the extreme. The expenses incurred to run even a failing concern like Tranmere Rovers must be astronomical and basically is just spending good money after bad. He and anyone else might as well make a good donation to a deserving charity, because they will see more good work done with their money than expecting to make a profit out of Tranmere Rovers. I am afraid I consider the whole idea as a disaster. Peter Johnson would be better selling the ground for commercial interest, I am sure Tesco would snap it up.
Santos. I don't think anyone is expecting to make a profit, just secure a future for the club they love. What that future holds ?, who knows.
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Chance for Wirral community to buy local club - 22nd Nov 2013 9:12pm
I'd vote for Tescos any day (for ANY football club site).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral