Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 23rd Aug 2013 6:25pm
Today, the time stamp on the parking ticket at the Pyramids was 14 minutes faster than real time. Upon returning as I paid for the ticket, I noticed the time stamp was 5 minutes slower than real time.

So, despite the sign telling you that you get one hour parking for £1, in reality you only get 51 minutes based on the way their clocks are synchronised.

As it turned out I only needed to stay for 30 minutes and it didn't affect me, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was charged £2 for staying over an hour when I hadn't.

Is it just me being picky or has anyone else noticed this?

Posted By: Mark Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 26th Aug 2013 7:37am
Not been to pyramids for so long but handy to know. I wonder if that could invalidate a ticket if the clocks are wrong ?
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 27th Aug 2013 9:14pm
I wonder how you could prove that you were not over the hour though? Because the machine at the end where you put the ticket in order to get the barrier to rise keeps it. I didn't get to phone them today about it but I must put it on my list of 'things to do' for the coming week
Posted By: Salmon Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 28th Aug 2013 6:02am
"As it turned out I only needed to stay for 30 minutes and it didn't affect me, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was charged £2 for staying over an hour when I hadn't."

Would it only be £2.00?

I wonder if you asked for a receipt on exit would that show the relevant times?
Posted By: bigpete Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 28th Aug 2013 11:07am
Originally Posted by Salmon
Would it only be £2.00?

Yep - that is the maximum charge now - stay all day for £2
Posted By: usman Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 29th Aug 2013 5:19am
"As it turned out I only needed to stay for 30 minutes and it didn't affect me, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was charged £2 for staying over an hour when I hadn't."

Would it only be £2.00?

Posted By: usman Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 29th Aug 2013 5:20am
usman
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 2nd Sep 2013 9:37am
Originally Posted by Salmon

Would it only be £2.00?

I don't know how you would ask for a receipt though as it's all machine based, there are no humans involved although there is a help button on the exit gate.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 2nd Sep 2013 10:50am
There is usually a button to press when you put the ticket in to exit the car park.Clearly for business users who can claim expenses and for tax purposes.
Posted By: Pyramids Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 30th Oct 2013 5:47pm
all the equipment works off the same clock so if the entrance barrier clock is slow then so will the payment stations. there is no overcharge scenario possible. Hope that helps alleviate your fears
Posted By: chriskay Re: Time Stamp on Ticket at Pyramids Car Park - 31st Oct 2013 12:33pm
Originally Posted by Pyramids
all the equipment works off the same clock so if the entrance barrier clock is slow then so will the payment stations. there is no overcharge scenario possible. Hope that helps alleviate your fears

Unless the clock was changed during the stay?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral