Forums
Posted By: Sneezy Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 8:33pm
Someone's set the Black Pearl alight !!!...........
Not sure of the extent of the damage somad
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 8:45pm
UTTER UTTER SCUMBAGS!!!!! was only there on Sunday chatting to one of the men who helped construct it frown
Posted By: starakita Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 8:54pm
I was down there last night someone always has to spoil things.When I first saw it I thought it was a real ship from a distance.
Posted By: Lindaizzy Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 8:58pm
Hope they catch the idiots .
Posted By: starakita Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 9:01pm
Bound to be kids I was going past Vicki park & a bunch of little hoodies had set a fire were a swing used to be.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 9:24pm
anything good and they have to destroy it, make them walk the plank the little sods.
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 10:53pm
So sad! Cannot believe people would take this away from the community.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 22nd May 2013 11:28pm
Sometimes I just don't get it anymore frown

Too much crime, violence and nastiness going on in the world and not enough punishment to prevent it happening over and over again.

Very sad
Posted By: MikeT Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 5:51am
Little b*stards, spoiling what was a bit of fun which everyone enjoyed.
Posted By: GazLar Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 6:24am
This has really upset me, why would anyone want to do such a thing. Think of all the hours and hours of work that those men put into making the ship, and all the people who enjoyed the use of it. Utter disgrace and I hope they catch the low life s*#t that done this
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 7:27am
There's no discipline any more a good old fashioned belt round the ear is needed sometimes, it worked a treat with me
Posted By: cathie Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 9:31am
I didn't even get to see it :0(
Posted By: granny Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 10:08am
Here you are Cathie. Great pity and whoever made it,must be pretty gutted. Pheonix rose from the ashes, so maybe something else will come from it.

Attached picture _DSC9748.jpg
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 10:53am
Mean-minded brats.
Posted By: Kitty21 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 10:54am
There is talk on FB asking people to join the beach clean up on June 1st to help collect driftwood. As a community can't we all pull together, and try and get this back into shape?. Huge thank you to Frank Lund and Major Mace, for all their effort in designing and building the Black Pearl. I really do not know what goes through peoples minds anymore.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 11:47am
Men down there about an hour ago cleaning up and talking to reporters.
About half of her is damaged. frown
Lets re-build this ship!!!
On a brighter note The Stone Dragon is taking shape and looking good.
Posted By: starakita Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 11:50am
I hope the ship can be rebuilt too its good to see peoples reactions when they come across it & the kids love it
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 1:39pm
So angry that yobs have tried to burn down the Pirate Ship, children and adults a like 'love' it , it evolved every time i toke my two grandsons to see it .Last time i met one of the men who were the people who who,s IDEA,TIME AND EFFORT made this happen.....It was simply brilliant for the community.... till some low lifes amuse them selves...... IT WILL BE REBUILT ....
Posted By: Tatey Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 2:34pm
There is a working party being organised for 1830 this Saturday. I believe some may even take a BBQ & beer.
Posted By: Kitty21 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 2:52pm
I am in smile off out tonight to look for wood/ rope etc.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 4:00pm
I'm really upset about this too. I'm not on facebook but would be happy to help on 1st June if you can post more details please.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 4:11pm
Love the community spirit !! smile party
From Facebook :

"Trying to get as many people as possible down there on Saturday evening at about 6.30. Talk of a barbeque, beer and a rebuild. See you there if you can make it."
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 4:20pm
What page/ group Sneezy?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 4:24pm
Billy Butler on radio merseyside was giving the culprits (apparently 6 kids on bikes) a roasting on air. You could hear him trying to restrain his anger and frustration. Asking all parents if there kids came home smelling of smoke or if the idiots were bragging about it in school for anyone to pass on info so they could receive the necessary punishment!
Posted By: GazLar Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 4:53pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...k_Pearl___tourist_attraction_set_ablaze/

From the Globe, I can't understand why anyone would want to do this. I took my son there a few weeks ago and he loved it, as I am sure many young kids did. To do this to it is just damn right destructive. I hope the little t*#ts get what's coming to them.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 5:01pm
Awful when someone carnt even show there work without some snotty nose git ruining it for them and orthers
I sure hope it can be rebuilt such a shame
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 5:32pm
What utter b4stards. Some people have no respect for anything. I have no doubt the strong community spirit will win in the end and she will be rebuilt.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 5:51pm
Rude....it's just on a conversation between "Norman Ord >> Wallasey Memories smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 6:06pm
thanks Sneezy smile
Posted By: Zubee Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 9:14pm
Originally Posted by Sneezy
From Facebook :

"Trying to get as many people as possible down there on Saturday evening at about 6.30. Talk of a barbeque, beer and a rebuild. See you there if you can make it."

So Saturday 1st June at 6.30? Count me in. I'll check the tide timetable and post it up.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 9:24pm
Originally Posted by Zubee
Originally Posted by Sneezy
From Facebook :

So Saturday 1st June at 6.30? Count me in. I'll check the tide timetable and post it up.
me too sure our rox would be up to this too
Posted By: Zubee Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 9:28pm
As far as I can make out it's high tide ate 5.20pm on 1st June but could someone check this please in case I've got it wrong?

If it's right we need to pick another day/time be we should definitely do something and soon.
Posted By: rocks Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 9:31pm
oh yes id love to help smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 9:57pm
Looks like two dates being bandied around. This Sat. and next?
Posted By: Kitty21 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 10:02pm
Hi just to let you know it is this Saturday the group are meeting at 6.30 not 1st June as I previously said.....apologies. There is a clean up on the 1st and was talk about tying it in with that, but the group have settled on this week. They are asking if people can bring any driftwood, rope or anything else you think would be suitable. The artist Frank Lund is over whelmed by the reponse and has said he will be there. If any of you are on FB all details are on Wallasey memories and old pics of liscard, wallasey and Merseyside. Really sorry about mix up with date guys. I went to NB tonight looking for wood but nothing there so might be worth going further afield. Thanks x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 23rd May 2013 10:07pm
Thanks for clearing that up Kitty. x
Posted By: rocks Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 8:28am
i cant make this saturday frown
Posted By: chipppie Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 9:51am
Would new wood be any good or does it need to be old stuff. Ill be there saturday by the way. Finish work half 5 so will be as quick as I can.
Posted By: Kitty21 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 10:33am
The ship has been built with driftwood and other items that have been washed up. But, I cannot see them turning away any items, it is just really nice to see the community pulling together to get the Black Pearl rebuilt. I struggled finding stuff last night but that the end of the day we do not have to complete the build on Saturday, at least we have made a start. I have heard that it took the artist three months just to collect the wood, and after looking last night I can see why smile. Everyone is welcome. Thanks Chip x
Posted By: smiler123 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 11:00am
I thought the only reason the council had left the sculpture was because it was made of things found on the beach and he wasn't allowed to add anything not found or left by tide. on this note i don't think new wood would be allowed....but love the community spirit
Posted By: Kitty21 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 11:06am
Thanks for this Smiler123 smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 11:19am
Did a school crossing in lower Heswall on Thursday and all the kids had come in pirate costumes!! Now theres an idea>

With all this cold weather "shiver me timbers" quite apt.

Good luck all who turn up.. unable to be there.
Posted By: Kitty21 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 11:36am
It was defo "shiver me timbers" down there last night hehe.
Posted By: newbrightonier Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 11:44am
This is a great shame, took my young nephew to see this and it really got his imagination going.

On a brighter note, I passed earlier today and work appears to be in progress to reconstruct the ship, despite the fact the tide was in and waves were lashing over the prom. Kudos and well done to these guys.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: torryman Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 7:22pm
It was on Radio Merseyside today that Frank intends to repair the pirate ship and was appealing for the public to bring scrap wood to the site on Saturday (not sure if it means this Saturday or Sat June 1st) but the good news is that he intends to restore the damage done by the six little sh@ts ....
well done Frank......
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 7:24pm
http://www.baytvliverpool.com/vod/?vid=LBV519e41ace9202
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 24th May 2013 8:38pm
Think it is this weekend.

I know Wirral Whipiteres are going along to help!
smile
Posted By: granny Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 25th May 2013 11:52pm
Did anyone go along to help rebuild the pirate ship and how is it coming along? Beautiful evening.
Posted By: Kitty21 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 8:03am
I did granny, it was a fantastic turnout and everyone got stuck in, even the little ones carrying chunks of wood over to the ship and the adults helping them to tie it all together. They gave it a 150 percent, bless them smile. Brilliant atmosphere and Merseyside Fire Brigade and Wirral Coast Guard turned up to show their support as well. All I can say is well done Wallasey, tremendous community spirit. Black Pearl is well on her way to being restored smile.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 9:46am
Well done to all those who were able to assist in the rebuild; I know two little boys who love it.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 4:15pm
It's looking good again.....just needs a new captains wheel now smile
Well done to everyone who helped bring the Black Pearl back, it was swarming with kids again today, all having a great time by the looks of it. yipee
Posted By: Mark Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 4:15pm
As it is today rebuilt and being enjoyed by so many kids.

Description: The ashes
Attached picture 20130526_141444.jpg

Description: The rebuilt. Even better version.
Attached picture 20130526_141349.jpg
Attached picture 20130526_141431.jpg
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 6:31pm
Brilliant news, so glad the community 'pulled' together, well done everyone ....Plan to take my grandsons at the weekend .
Posted By: granny Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 7:21pm
Amazing response! What a brilliant job has been done. Everyone should give themselves a pat on the back.
Posted By: smiler123 Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 8:43pm
It was a fun night, my kids dressed as pirates and got stuck in looking for driftwood even loosing their shoes in the quicksand cue lots of laughter trying to get them back. My uncle supplied some pies which went down well. glad to see that community spirit isn't dead. Long live the black Pearl smile
Posted By: starakita Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 8:48pm
Glad to see the Black Pearl rebuilt so quickly,me & the dog will be looking forward to seeing her again
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Pirate Ship Set on Fire - 26th May 2013 10:32pm
Well done to everyone good community spirit
© Wirral-Wikiwirral