Forums
Posted By: GazLar Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 5:25pm
Hi, I got some milk from the garage on Liscard Road this morning and when I got to work I noticed that it was 2 days out of date, 8th May. This is not the first time that this has happened, I got a loaf of bread from there a few weeks ago and that was 4 days out of date. Poor staff in there.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 5:29pm
Ideal ingredients for bread and butter pudding :-)
Posted By: GazLar Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 5:31pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Ideal ingredients for bread and butter pudding :-)
what a great idea lol.
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 7:14pm
or cottage cheese
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 8:17pm
They put stuff like that in a red basket on the floor titled "sale".
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 9:24pm
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 10:38pm
Look on the bright side, given their reputation, at least you didn't pay by debit/credi card!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 10:44pm
That was Leasowe Road that done the cloning.
Leasowe Road clones you, so you get the sh£ts when you get your credit card bill. Liscard Road just wants to give you the sh£ts straight away LOL
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 11:10pm
try checking the dates before you buy, and less of the slander regarding the cloning, it all bull s*it. It hasn't happened since a few years ago, i know!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 11:35pm
As Leasowe Road Petrol Station Was In The Echo, I Don't See Any Slander.
"Sri Lankan jailed after 517 cards cloned in Wallasey petrol station chip-and-pin fraud"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...tion-chip-and-pin-fraud-100252-29022178/

Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 11:44pm
says july 9th 2011
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Out Of Date Milk - 10th May 2013 11:50pm
yes it does, which proves I AM NOT MAKING SLANDEROUS REMARKS which ASE71 accused me of. The date is irrelevant, IT HAPPENED.
Posted By: keving Re: Out Of Date Milk - 11th May 2013 3:41am
I brought bread from there on the way to work at 5:30am, I had to get it through the serving window so couldnt select my own loaf. When i opened it I could feel it was old bread, and they had peeled off the BBD sticker.
Havnt been back again. My nieces have since told me there mother regularly has to take milk and stuff back as it's out of date...
Posted By: GazLar Re: Out Of Date Milk - 11th May 2013 5:55am
Originally Posted by ASE71
try checking the dates before you buy, and less of the slander regarding the cloning, it all bull s*it. It hasn't happened since a few years ago, i know!
It was at 0630 and the guy was just putting the milk out, you dont expect things like this to be out of date.
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Out Of Date Milk - 11th May 2013 7:17am
Originally Posted by GazSeeley
Originally Posted by ASE71
It was at 0630 and the guy was just putting the milk out, you dont expect things like this to be out of date.

If they were just putting it out then of course you don't but I will always check the BBD before buying anything.

Not sure if anyone else is like me but if in Morrisons etc I will always reach to the very back first to check date as remember that when they restock they will put the latest date t the back so that people just take the first on the shelf.

Maybe that's my OCD kicking in but if I can get a extra 2 days freshness out of it then I will.
Posted By: GazLar Re: Out Of Date Milk - 11th May 2013 7:49am
I
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Out Of Date Milk - 11th May 2013 7:50am
Originally Posted by GazSeeley
I

Good
Posted By: GazLar Re: Out Of Date Milk - 11th May 2013 7:53am
I normally do get items from the back. I took the milk back when I finished work last night and the guy behind the counter looked the carton all over, after I had explained that it was out of date, and he looked at me as if I was stupid and asked "so what is up with it."
My reply "ITS TWO DAYS OUT OF BLOODY DATE."
The shop was busy at this point too.
Posted By: granny Re: Out Of Date Milk - 11th May 2013 10:17am
raftl

No wonder a 'degree' is requird for most jobs now!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral