Forums
Posted By: louise127 Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 3:33pm
Hiya

Just had a call from my bank (barclays) saying my card has been cloned and had been used to take in totaol £698 from my account.........card stopped but they said it had been tracked down to a petrol garage in wallasey????????? BEWARE
Posted By: rocks Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 3:40pm
OMG thats awful for you i hope the bank gives you the money back!
Posted By: louise127 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 3:48pm
This is the 2nd time its happened, same garage as well....I should have known better
Posted By: alann Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 3:49pm
Did they tell you wich garage, may be worth giving the area its in as a warning to others
Posted By: chris123 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 4:00pm
Not again! This was happening a couple of years ago in the Murco garage

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...tion-chip-and-pin-fraud-100252-29022178/
Posted By: GazLar Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 4:10pm
Do you know which garage so we can all stay away. This is awful news for you and I hope you get your money back. I had it happen to me about 5 years ago, my card was cloned in Singapore and it took my bank (Santander) months to trace it back. Because I was in the Navy at the time they thought it was me spending the money whilst I was deployed. Took a total of £3500 off me.
Posted By: louise127 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 4:18pm
thats the only garage Ive used recently????????? will be going the extra half a mile to Tesco's from now on
Posted By: Rambo Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 4:36pm
This is the one in Wallasey Village? I was going to go there over the weekend as it's the closest one to me and I'm running on fumes! I'll go to Tesco instead and risk the walk with my fuel can!
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 4:47pm
OMFG my mum used that garage on leasowe rd and a few days later 270 odd quid came out for flight tickets to bloody Budapest !!!! This is not acceptable behaviour as when we buy products we trust the company and representatives to be honest ! I wouldn't mind but they over charge in there anyway they exploit our trusting nature TAKE. ACTION MUST NOT GO UN PUNISHED ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 4:54pm
No one has mentioned the police in this sketch yet. Has it been reported to them? Maybe they don't bother?

There is something to be said for a visit from a local vigilante group - to advise the Filling Station owner of the error of his ways. (Dives behind sofa to avoid incoming flak !!)
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 5:04pm
BP in Greasby was up to the same trick a year or so ago. Gonna check my account as I used that Murco one a while back. Common denominator between the 2 garages? Something to do with ethnicity!
As for sending the boys around -- i think best left to the ones in blue. There must be someway of prosecuting the garage owners if it is there fault
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 5:19pm
It just pisses me off so bad the way we can all sit back in a bubble and watch our country raped and pillaged !!! Our tax is high to pay for immigrants and bums that won't work but can't work because all the poles have now taken them all ha I served for this country and my grandfather and brother for what exactly to work In a factory full of polish on £12 hour or more standing around while I sweat my arse off for £6.19 for an agency really have landed on my arse Lmao .
Posted By: louise127 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 5:23pm
Before anyone goes round and puts the owners lights out, the bank only siad it was a wallasey petrol station, I am assuming leasowe road as it has been the only one Ive been to in the last week or so, I think they would deny it if approached. Once the bank has its its evidence they inform the rozzers and action will be taken......again
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 5:29pm
Ha ha ha ......
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 5:32pm
Ha ha ha ......
Posted By: TheEpicSponge Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 6:24pm
My girlfriend's mum had her card cloned at the Murco in Wallasey Village. Lost a good chunk of cash, but thankfully managed to get it back...
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:06pm
i never use my card anywhere,cash is king and safe just use the cash machine outside the bank and cover your hand,and try and go to an English petrol station because where obviously having problems with the foreign ones
Posted By: j_demo Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:23pm
pretty sure this thread has just turned into a racist rant...
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:32pm
I'm sure it hasn't demo ! And before u speak think ! We are very intitled to our own opinion without outside influence thank you and as far as rascist comments where are they? We are the victims and minority now .
Posted By: Userpam82 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:35pm
Oh god! I used leasowe road cash machine tonight frown
Posted By: Userpam82 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:36pm
Hope you get your money back
Posted By: j_demo Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:38pm
Originally Posted by paul110180
I'm sure it hasn't demo ! And before u speak think ! We are very intitled to our own opinion without outside influence thank you and as far as rascist comments where are they? We are the victims and minority now .

mate, who are this "we" you speak of, and why are "we" a minority?
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:38pm
Just monitor ur accounts for a bit Pam and hope they haven't done that 1 either .
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:39pm
Ill come up the coop now and tell u all about it if u like jack ha .
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 7:47pm
Don't worry jack I'm a friend that's if its the same camp as Christmas jack I'm thinking of ha .
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 8:26pm
so if the police had stopped 10 red ford focuses along the dock road in as many weeks with a kilo of coke in each,then they would be looking for red ford focuses is that rascist to a ford focus NO!!!!!!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 8:57pm
oh will someone say the fantastic line of "i'm not racist, but..."
Posted By: paul110180 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 9:03pm
Lmao we are all racist in our own way ......
Posted By: pickle1984 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 9:38pm
Originally Posted by paul110180
Lmao we are all racist in our own way ......

no
Posted By: rover644 Re: Card Compromised- - 9th May 2013 10:35pm
Torches and pitchforks at the ready

Attached picture images.jpg
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Card Compromised- - 10th May 2013 8:19am
I know its not for everyone but one of the safest ways of not being robbed of your own money is to get and use a credit card.

Put your regular debit card purchases on the credit card and just pay off the balance every month. You don't pay interest, you get some kind of rewards (Tesco points, cashback, air miles) and most importantly if there's any problems like this then its the card issuer's money that has been stolen and you've not had your account emptied.

I know you'll get it back from your bank eventually, but how long will it take?

But, it does require a bit of willpower not to spend money you don't have, and not all places take credit cards - Aldi for one.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Card Compromised- - 10th May 2013 8:24am
How did they get get the details/clone the card?
Was it out of your sight at any time?
Posted By: Duxdeluxe Re: Card Compromised- - 10th May 2013 10:55am
Ever thought it might be a dodgy employee of the garage? The owners might know nothing of the goings on, but some on here (the ones who blame all of their own shortcomings on forigners/poles/illegals/etc ) are ready to become judge jurers and executioners
And as an after thought, if it was a dodgy employee, he might even be white anglo saxon (shock horror)
Posted By: saltytom Re: Card Compromised- - 10th May 2013 11:02am
I have been into this garage 3 times this week and used a debit card each time no problem, I will continue to use this garage.
There are any number of cloning devices out there and you would not have a clue your card has been read.

For people who have cards with the new read system a person can walk up behind you and extract all your details and you would be none the wiser.

You can I believe by a wallet that shrouds your cards from such readers.
Posted By: louise127 Re: Card Compromised- - 16th May 2013 7:30am
yay good news, got a new card and all dosh returned from barclays
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Card Compromised- - 16th May 2013 10:10am
Good Result
© Wirral-Wikiwirral