Forums
Posted By: johnny Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 8:03am
be aware there are approx20/30 caravans on mdhc land right by the penny bridge....expect the usual rise in crime i would think along with pestering door knockers
Posted By: rossie Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 8:20am
It is wrong to suggest that all travellers /gypsies are thieves.
There is another post on here saying lock up your valuables because of travellers. I know nothing about gypsies but I dont accept that just because you are of a different culture that you are a thief.
Posted By: GazLar Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 8:24am
As long as they keep their hands of my Lucky Charms then they will be fine.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 8:34am
Originally Posted by rossie
There is another post on here saying lock up your valuables because of travellers. I know nothing about gypsies but I dont accept that just because you are of a different culture that you are a thief.

It was may post saying lock up your valuables, I am sorry but they are all thieves, conmen, and scavengers, and yes I am talking from experience .
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 9:11am
Originally Posted by Dilly

It was may post saying lock up your valuables, I am sorry but they are all thieves, conmen, and scavengers, and yes I am talking from experience .

Quite.

I've never come across a gypsy that wasn't a knob. But then I've never come across someone from Birkenhead who wasn't a knob.

HOWEVER, that's not to say there aren't, I just don't know anyone from Birkenhead or who is a gypsy.

So to generalise is a bit harsh.

I think that makes my point lol.
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 9:16am
The crime rate ALWAYS go's up when there's gypsies in town. How else can they make their money?. Lock up your bikes.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 9:48am
I think the local authority would do well to set aside a nice bit of farming land for them, allowing them some permanent stability. Perhaps the good people of Irby would be happy to have them living on their doorstep.
Posted By: granny Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 10:18am

Sorry Rosie, but I'm with Dilly on this one.We can try to be nice and understanding but we must also talk from experience, if we have any. The gypsy's who sent their children to a local school where my children went to (not this area) were welcomed with open arms. All the pupils played with them etc. only to find they beggard off with all of our childrens personal belongings...
They are trained and highly skilled in the craft!!!

@Alonso..farming land is privately owned not council. Would you like them in your garden? laugh

In fact, I 'd put them in Birkenhead park and lock the gates. They'd soon run if they thought they were trapped.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 10:44am
are they definitely gypsies or just staff for the fair? or are they the same thing?!
Posted By: scary Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 10:55am
i live in birkenhead are you saying ime a nob ???
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 11:11am
No, my post was against generalisation...
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 11:22am

Your very right with what you said.. Every traveller I've been involved with are just that. Thieves.. I once worked in a supermarket and a Childs parents sent them in to get a full trolly load, as one child distracted me asking whether cows milk was suitable for a baby, the other child legged it out the door with the trolley. Didn't get far like.. :-)

Another example, I was DJing in a pub one night, a load of Irish travellers were in celebrating their Childs christening. They somehow felt threatened by the regular's presense and hell broke loose in there!!

Posted By: Alonso Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 12:30pm
Originally Posted by granny

Sorry Rosie, but I'm with Dilly on this one.We can try to be nice and understanding but we must also talk from experience, if we have any. The gypsy's who sent their children to a local school where my children went to (not this area) were welcomed with open arms. All the pupils played with them etc. only to find they beggard off with all of our childrens personal belongings...
They are trained and highly skilled in the craft!!!

@Alonso..farming land is privately owned not council. Would you like them in your garden? laugh

In fact, I 'd put them in Birkenhead park and lock the gates. They'd soon run if they thought they were trapped.

I'm sure Wirral authority could find a nice piece of land to accomodate them in the more rural parts of the Wirral. My comment was meant for the Irby poster, and it was tongue in cheek. wink
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 12:35pm

raftl like all Chinese eat babies? link
Posted By: plot21 Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 1:03pm

Hypothetically, if I had only met a dozen people from the Wirral and they were all criminals would that make everybody from the Wirral a criminal? Q) Would I be then right to be a bit wary of the people from the wirral based upon my experience? A)Yes probably. Q) Would I be right to declare that they are ALL criminal? A) Of course not

Posted By: rover644 Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 2:07pm
Originally Posted by McFlurry

Quite.

I've never come across a gypsy that wasn't a knob. But then I've never come across someone from Birkenhead who wasn't a knob.

HOWEVER, that's not to say there aren't, I just don't know anyone from Birkenhead or who is a gypsy.

So to generalise is a bit harsh.

I think that makes my point lol.
Iv'e never come across anyone from Irby that didn't talk crap, HOWEVER thats not to say there isn't. I just don't know anyone from Irby . LOL
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Travellers - 24th Apr 2013 2:18pm
Haha.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral