Forums
Posted By: valli gritting - 22nd Mar 2013 8:58pm
no gritters been out yet. Roundabout in Home farm road like an ice rink cars sliding all over the place Was in TAXI after going to my brothers and ASDA. about 6.45pm .Hackney cabbie great had to go real slow all the way back to tollemache rd .when we got to our door he helped us in with shopping and babies.He said we were his last job cos the roads were to bad .Thanks to him were home safe and sound .Hope he is too
Posted By: rach87 Re: gritting - 22nd Mar 2013 11:33pm
my hubby a taxi driver he's came in early as the roads are full of ice now, its just not worth the risk.
Posted By: granny Re: gritting - 22nd Mar 2013 11:47pm
No gritters been out in Thingwall. Main roads pretty bad. Had to dig one car out tonight which slid off the road. (well, I didn't but neighbours did).
Posted By: bazzoh Re: gritting - 23rd Mar 2013 10:01am
I saw a gritter out around 7pm last night around wallasey village
Just playing devils advocate here, but please remember that gritting lorries are also vehicles subject to the same risks as other road vehicles (ie lack of visibility for driver, skidding and sliding etc) so the local authority have now (in this time of litigious ness) got to asses wether the risk to the driver is too great?
Also remember that the salt doesn't work that well if snow falls on top of it, and relies on vehicles driving over the salt to crush and further spread it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral