Forums
Posted By: Mike72 The Green Deal - 19th Mar 2013 8:29pm
Hi, Has any other wilki member had a look into the Green Deal that the Government are trying to promote? I have seen a lot of house's around who seem to be getting FREE insulation via British Gas/Energy Projects Plus not 100% sure. I seem to have missed the application process for this, but looking at maybe the Green Deal. Some advice of tips would be great?
Posted By: boogaloo Re: The Green Deal - 19th Mar 2013 11:51pm
Hi mike. I received a letter months ago asking if we wanted this. We said yes and they are in the process of doing the work. They have done a good job so far and we have an inspector who cones round just to make sure everything going well. My neighbour said he didn't want it but since changed his mind aut he was told the offer has expired and will have to pay half if he still wants it done xx
They are putting radiators in aswell x
check now in your area xx
Posted By: Mike72 Re: The Green Deal - 20th Mar 2013 9:13am
Phoned the number the council gave me for Energy Projects but they have stopped taking on new applications. They gave me the number for green deal, so unable to get it through them unless someone know's any different? I will have to pay for an assessment £99 upwards for them to tell me how i can improve my energy loss, then get a couple of quotes from some green deal providers. My house is a 4 bedroomed semi detached built 1901 ish and very cold even when i have the heating on full frown.
I wastold that they are not doing my area due to last 3 digits of my post code as i'm not in a deprived area!!
Posted By: venice Re: The Green Deal - 20th Mar 2013 6:11pm
Id have a look through the 'moneysavingexpert' website for some info from people who have looked into it.
This is just one thread, there are others if you search.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4430785&highlight=green+deal
Posted By: pacef8 Re: The Green Deal - 20th Mar 2013 8:49pm
CRed Wirral ‏@CRedWirral 39m
... the deadline is very short, but could be of interest to those planning home energy improvements in #Wirral http://ow.ly/jf4B7
© Wirral-Wikiwirral