Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 11th Mar 2013 1:07pm
Just had a circular thru' the door, "We Want to Buy Your House." My tip is beware of these people because of what I went through. Here's they way it goes:-
The valuer comes and you agree the value and what they'll pay. You go through all the rigmarole, solicitors, moving firm, lining up another property (with all the financial layour involved there). You get the confirmation for when everything is going to go through so you finalise everything and then a couple of days before you are going to move they wring up and the "Directors" have only authorised them to pay you a lesser amount than the original agreement. You then have a choice, go through with the move and lose money or stay put and lose money and also miss out on a property which you really want. Be very, very aware of how this goes, it's akin to pressure salesmen offering a deal if you conclude swiftly. It's pants.
Posted By: davec1972 Re: Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 11th Mar 2013 5:20pm
They aren't all like that, we heard the horror stories as well but had a really good one based in Wallasey, were we live, not in London or Manchester (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name of the company as i'm new to this), they actually pointed out the fact to me that other companies do this and even have it highlighted on their website, they assured me that once the price was agreed it wouldn't change, with the only exception being my property was downvalued by a mortgage company & they would prove this to me by showing me a copy of the valuation report if required, and sure enough they kept to their word, the property valued up o.k and I sold my property for the price that was agreed at the start, we have now completed on our sale and purchase of our new property which we would probably have lost if we hadn;t sold through this company. DON'T TAR EVERY COMPANY WITH THE SAME BRUSH!!!!
Posted By: saltytom Re: Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 11th Mar 2013 9:46pm
I did a few years ago with a local agent who did a leaflet drop, got 20000 more than original agent.A guy in Heswall had a leaflet from a Liverpool agent a couple of months ago sayiny they had a buyer for his house and sure enough they did.He got a far higher price than the local valuations.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 11th Mar 2013 10:02pm
Was going say beware of the finance companies who target certain areas they are looking for people with mortgage arrears and high debt levels these companies are are just bottom feeders hitting the most vunarable
Posted By: Zubee Re: Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 11th Mar 2013 10:21pm
Can anyone give me the name of one of the good companys please? I know someone who would like to sell their house quickly. PM me if you don't want to name them on here.

Thanks
Posted By: MikeT Re: Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 12th Mar 2013 6:52am
Originally Posted by davec1972
They aren't all like that,

So what's the name of the mortgage company you're shilling for, so we can avoid it?
Posted By: davec1972 Re: Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 12th Mar 2013 9:49am
Not shilling, whatever that means for any firm, we had our house on the market for two and a half years with various local agents, then we seen a property we really liked so contacted a few quick sale companies, these were local and seemed to tell it how it is, when you speak to a few of them you realise the BS from the truth, true, we didn't get the full value of the property but we didn't have to pay any fee's and it was sold within 2 months.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Firm Wanting to Buy Your House - 15th Mar 2013 1:55pm
Listen, all I did was get the poster through my door and having had a bad experience with something similar I put out a "be aware" to people. It's like everything else on here, you put something up these days and there's always someone wants a nark.
somad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral