Forums
Posted By: eggandchips bargains to be had - 5th Mar 2013 1:28pm
just been told the shop on mill lane that sells washing machines etc (opposite fire station ) is closing.
i was offered a washing machine for £100

Posted By: eddtheduck Re: bargains to be had - 5th Mar 2013 2:14pm
Not sure what I'm more shocked with, that you got it for £100 or that it was open, go past there nearly everyday and it's hit or miss if open.

One thing to think about, is who's going to fix it if it breaks.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: bargains to be had - 5th Mar 2013 3:18pm
Are they selling anything else off cheap ?? smile
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: bargains to be had - 6th Mar 2013 1:24am
Originally Posted by eddtheduck

One thing to think about, is who's going to fix it if it breaks.

for £100 I wouldn't even worry about it breaking down, there must be loads of repairmen who'd be able to fix it smile
Posted By: lemonhead Re: bargains to be had - 6th Mar 2013 9:59am
does any1 know the name of the shop or has the phone number
Posted By: Willo_ Re: bargains to be had - 6th Mar 2013 10:28am
Originally Posted by lemonhead
does any1 know the name of the shop or has the phone number
here you go

Attached picture waa.JPG
Posted By: Gibbo Re: bargains to be had - 7th Mar 2013 12:13pm
Another £40 or so and you can get a brand new washing machine with 12 months warranty from a leading retailer.
Posted By: Shambo Re: bargains to be had - 7th Mar 2013 6:01pm
I learned this lesson the hard way.

Cheap new washing machines are a false economy. When they stop working the day after the warranty expires, if you can actually buy the parts to have them repaired, they'll cost as much, if not more, than the machine did in the first place. The parts may take over a month for delivery, leaving you facing many trips to the local laundrette, before the repairman can come back and charge you once for the repair and twice for the call out. The repaired parts will be the same cheap quality as the originals were and will break shortly thereafter. When faced with this expensive option, you'll decide to buy another new machine and the old one ends up in landfill.

You would be better off spending £100-200 on a quality second hand machine like meile or bosch, that are designed to be repaired and you can actually get the replacement parts for, than something new and cheap in the same price bracket that is destined to break down permanently soon.

tl;dr
Buy s**te, pay twice. smack learn
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: bargains to be had mothers day special! - 9th Mar 2013 2:11pm
Goto asda and take a photo of the mothers day card you like.

Send it as a photo message to mater and walla!

Happy mothers day, here's ya card mar.

smile
Posted By: Sneezy Re: bargains to be had mothers day special! - 9th Mar 2013 2:18pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Goto asda and take a photo of the mothers day card you like.

Send it as a photo message to mater and walla!

Happy mothers day, here's ya card mar.

smile

Ste....You should be ashamed of yourself...That's BAD !! Show ya Ma the Looooove x bananalove
© Wirral-Wikiwirral