Forums
Posted By: BrownMark Am I being scammed ? - 4th Feb 2013 10:27am
Hello to all who read this. Thank you for taking your time to do so.

Recently I got a call from a lady claiming that she is from UK State Loterry and she told me I won 450,000 !!! She said that she will send me a check for 4,850 to cover the $4,100 processing fee. All I have to do is to call Mr. James Williams deposit the 4,850 check, wait for it to clear, withdraw 4,100 in cash, and wire it via Western Union. Then their special courier company will deliver my 450,000 certified check.

(Yeah, I know the drill. I deposit the check, it clears the next day, I withdraw and wire the money, and 3 weeks later the bank says the check was counterfeit and takes their 4,850 back. Meanwhile, the 4,100 is gone for good and no 450,000 check is on the way.)

I google the number and I am not the only one who has got a call from this lady by now. It seems she has been scamming all around UK! If you ever get a call like this or any other scam call you can check online www.tellows.co.uk in the scamalert database whether the number is already known as a scam. More than 500,000 known scammer numbers are already stored, and the database is daily updated. WATCH OUT !!!!
Posted By: reddragon Re: Am I being scammed ? - 4th Feb 2013 10:39am
IGNORE IT AND ANY OTHERS LIKE IT
Posted By: Wench Re: Am I being scammed ? - 4th Feb 2013 1:08pm
Has anyone called "Wah" on this yet raftl
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Am I being scammed ? - 4th Feb 2013 1:42pm
Endless scams. Sadly some still fall for it. How on earth could you possibly win something you hadn't entered?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral