Forums
Posted By: Leapy Embassy Bingo & Social Club - Closure - 30th Dec 2012 1:52am
The Embassy Bingo & Social Club on Borough Road, Seacombe will have it's doors open for the LAST TIME on Sunday 30th December 2012.

After then, the building will be closed down. It's a great shame it's had to come to that. It was always a popular place, and I used to love working there.

- Lee
Posted By: wellie111 Re: Embassy Bingo & Social Club - Closure - 30th Dec 2012 10:41am
its such a shame i worked there when i was 18 when my dad was the licencee, the club was packed every weekend and a lot of people will have good memories of the embassy social club,when all the local bands played there,it will most probably get knocked down now and surprise supprise another car park for wallasey.
Posted By: torryman Re: Embassy Bingo & Social Club - Closure - 30th Dec 2012 8:50pm
Originally Posted by wellie111
its such a shame i worked there when i was 18 when my dad was the licencee, the club was packed every weekend and a lot of people will have good memories of the embassy social club,when all the local bands played there,it will most probably get knocked down now and surprise supprise another car park for wallasey.

Hi Wellie 111

The Embassy Club was so so important in it's day "Ted's Bar" with the tropical fish tank ...and all the great acts who played there inc "Colonel Bagshot" etc ...the commisionaire in full uniform on the door and Sunday afternoon with the Country bands, supported by the ladies whose clothes fell off each week ...end of an era...also glam rock band The Sweet who played there (once) in the 70's who I missed because I was elsewhere playing in my band...you know who Kathie...

And the bingo club was also used for the film "the virgin of Liverpool" with Johnnie Vegas and Ricky Tomlinson ...SO SAD TO SEE IT GO....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral