Forums
Posted By: BadWolf New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 12:25pm
Don't know if this is in the right section, and its a long shot but..

Any ideas how to get home from Liverpool after a night out on New Years? Preferably not taxis as I'd rather stay sober and drive over than pay those prices. Just wondering if there's any private companies offering travel back over the water. Worth a try if anyone has any ideas
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 12:41pm
is the tunnel bus not running?
Posted By: BadWolf Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 1:36pm
Not sure. Just tried to find out but the merseytravel site isn't very helpful. Also the bus stop is quite a way from where we're coming from
Posted By: j_demo Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 2:06pm
Phone argyle park taxis 201 1111 and ask them if they're doing taxi runs through to Liverpool? They're cheaper than hackney rip offs!
Posted By: gemkat Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 3:18pm
"not taxis as I'd rather stay sober and drive over than pay those prices"

thats a disgracefull comment, your more than happy to pay over the odds for entrance into clubs, overpriced drinks etc yet you have a problem paying a man working his new years eve probably to help his family just to get you home safly

i hope you have a really crap night

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

Posted By: stu6278 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 3:52pm
Originally Posted by gemkat

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

What a nasty reply.

Nothing disgraceful about BadWolf's post at all. It's up to them where they choose to spend their £s and whether or not they think Black Cabs offer value for money.
Originally Posted by stu6278

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

What a nasty reply.

Nothing disgraceful about BadWolf's post at all. It's up to them where they choose to spend their £s and whether or not they think Black Cabs offer value for money.

Hhhhmmmm it's a logical reply, I believe it costs in excess off £140 per week just to hire/insure/mot the taxi add on fuel and license plate it's a lot of money.

Also if you pay someone not licensed they are not insured and neither are passengers. If a mate does it for fuel costs it's fine.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 4:31pm
if only it cost £140 i would be rich

£100 a week to hire the radio
£90 a week insurance if you pay weekly.A lot cheaper if you can afford a policy
£90 to £100 for a settle car
£150 in fuel or more to make there money then yours
i have my own car and policy and i have to make £245 before i make anything,spare i thought for the lads who have to make £450 every week before they make anything!! so i count myself lucky
Originally Posted by joeblogs
if only it cost £140 i would be rich

£100 a week to hire the radio
£90 a week insurance if you pay weekly.A lot cheaper if you can afford a policy
£90 to £100 for a settle car
£150 in fuel or more to make there money then yours
i have my own car and policy and i have to make £245 before i make anything,spare i thought for the lads who have to make £450 every week before they make anything!! so i count myself lucky

Ok I got figures wrong but I was defending you guys, I know 2 taxi drivers + a few who have packed up due to costs spiraling.
Posted By: gemkat Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 4:44pm
Originally Posted by stu6278

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

What a nasty reply.

there was no mention of black cabs in original post it was a general feeling of disgust at someone workign there new years eve to make sure THEy get home safly after a night out ........
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 4:54pm
i dread going to work every day as you just dont no how much your going to make? have one bad day out of the 7 days you have to work and its just not worth it,can't go the dole because they say the £100 to £140 i make is better than nothing,would be nice to have a job where i no how much i take home
Posted By: derekdwc Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 5:15pm
A friend of mine had a black cab and he used to tell me that at xmas and New Year black cabs were only allowed to put their fares up by 10p? a mile while private car taxis could charge up to 2 or 3 times their normal fare depending whether before or after midnight

a google search may give further taxi info

i hope you have a really crap night frown

The Christmas goodwill to all men seems to be missing here - and all because someone wants to save their taxi fare - a very harsh comment.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 5:53pm
are fare to Liverpool is £18.00 on new year for the first 4 miles inc tunnel then 2.50 a mile,so a six mile journey from the wirral is going to be £5.75 a head if there's four of you? not bad being picked up from your door,and the same back not bad for new years eve do you not think
Posted By: rover644 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 6:33pm
If it helps i drive a hackney cab, last night I was flagged on old chester road and asked to go to Liverpool as i hit the cobbles it was £16.70 and as the private hire firm i work for charged a min of £20 to liverpool the hackney meter (which is never double fare) was cheaper than the private hire rates.
Posted By: rover644 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 6:42pm
Oh and the £16.70 included the tunnel. Wonder how much it would cost to stay sober and drive over. Tunnel, fuel, parking ?.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 7:55pm
rover thats a good price,i think people are getting us mixed up with the terrible experiences they've had comming back from liverpool in a hackney or private hire from firms over there
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 8:13pm
Use a bike - get train over to L'pool with bikes. A couple of sturdy locks - and you can cycle back through the old tunnel - as it is open and free for cyclists until something like 7 am. As long of course as you can cycle in a straight line after a few scoops
Posted By: Santos Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 8:14pm

thats a disgracefull comment, your more than happy to pay over the odds for entrance into clubs, overpriced drinks etc yet you have a problem paying a man working his new years eve probably to help his family just to get you home safly

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

There are some pretty nasty pasties on this site isnt there. Gives Wirral a bad name, glad that not all people around here are like you.
Posted By: bert1 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 8:27pm
Just a word of advice to the Taxi Drivers who have commented on this thread,
If you go to the police and tell them who is holding a gun to your head and making you drive a Taxi, they may be able to help.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 8:54pm
bert you t##t
And may iask what would you think afair price to get home from liverpool to bromborough is
Posted By: bert1 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 9:45pm
bert you t##t

Must have touched a nerve, usually the case when profanities are used.
Calling you a tart isn't profane Bert!
Posted By: nickie Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 10:48pm
Taxi drivers get a bad in general but 99% are sound, there was a few black cab drivers a few years ago that used to piss me off, we would get a black cab from the rank in Birkenhead to Anfield, the fare would be between £10/£12 but some drivers would turn the clock off and say its a min of £15, not much of a differance but its the principle to me.
Posted By: BadWolf Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 11:07pm

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

well I'm really very sorry that I can't afford to spend more money getting a taxi home than it would cost me to have booked a hotel for a night. I think the whole point of considering driving over shows that I'm not exactly rolling in spare cash. I went to the same event last year and we pre booked a taxi that picked us up from bromborough and took us over there and back again at the end of the night. it cost £80 round trip between 4 of us so worked out at £10 a head each way. fantastic price that we only got because a friend's family member worked for the firm.

at no point did I show disgust at taxi drivers working to get people like me home. however, I work my a*se off full-time on minimum wage and would like to think I am entitled to see off the truly horrible year i've had by celebrating the new one with my friends in a place of my choice. I cannot afford to be paying seasonal fares, I don't even get taxis from Liverpool on a normal night as I can't justify spending so much money when I have bills to pay and don't have much spendable income. I also have to say that I've been unfortunate enough to get some nasty taxi drivers the few times I have used their services, so by the sound of it me and gemkat have already met.
this year there is likely to be only two of us travelling back so there's more chance of you changing that gobsh*te attitude of yours than us being able to afford it.

hope you have a terrible year smile
Posted By: Katryn Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 27th Dec 2012 11:13pm
Originally Posted by BadWolf

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

well I'm really very sorry that I can't afford to spend more money getting a taxi home than it would cost me to have booked a hotel for a night. I think the whole point of considering driving over shows that I'm not exactly rolling in spare cash. I went to the same event last year and we pre booked a taxi that picked us up from bromborough and took us over there and back again at the end of the night. it cost £80 round trip between 4 of us so worked out at £10 a head each way. fantastic price that we only got because a friend's family member worked for the firm.

at no point did I show disgust at taxi drivers working to get people like me home. however, I work my a*se off full-time on minimum wage and would like to think I am entitled to see off the truly horrible year i've had by celebrating the new one with my friends in a place of my choice. I cannot afford to be paying seasonal fares, I don't even get taxis from Liverpool on a normal night as I can't justify spending so much money when I have bills to pay and don't have much spendable income. I also have to say that I've been unfortunate enough to get some nasty taxi drivers the few times I have used their services, so by the sound of it me and gemkat have already met.
this year there is likely to be only two of us travelling back so there's more chance of you changing that gobsh*te attitude of yours than us being able to afford it.

Well said Badwolf withthat
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 28th Dec 2012 8:05am
well if you're that bloody skint you should not be going to liverpool? stay local hire a tandem bike
Happy new year Joeblogs,may you continue to have such generosity of spirit and a kind and thoughtful attitude.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 28th Dec 2012 9:25am
i'm an atheist and only belive in the matrix
Posted By: BadWolf Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 28th Dec 2012 2:34pm
well if you're that bloody skint you should not be going to liverpool? stay local hire a tandem bike

I think I'm perfectly entitled to a night out once in a blue moon. I'm not bar crawling, I have a ticket to an event I've been looking forward to all year and won't be going anywhere else. not exactly like I was planning on spending more than £20 on drinks anyway. I really don't have to justify to any of you why I chose to celebrate new year in Liverpool. it's great how this thread turned into what I should and shouldn't be spending my own money on
Posted By: BadWolf Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 28th Dec 2012 2:36pm
Originally Posted by Katryn

best wishes

Wirral taxi services

Well said Badwolf withthat

thankyou Katryn! nice to know not everyone on here is so hostile
Hope this helps Badwolf

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/trav...w%20Year%20public%20transport%202012.pdf
well iam glad iam not going drinking with you if your not even going to spend 20 quid and thats before you even go you must have short arms and long pockets sounds like you should change your name to scrooge
At least if he gets mugged in liverpool,he wont have that much to lose .....

What a minge !
Posted By: derekdwc Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 28th Dec 2012 10:10pm
BadWolf is not bar crawling, he has a ticket to an event he,s been looking forward to all year.
It's not all about drinking.
I suspect the 2 posts before mine are from young guys.I've got sons who've done the "go out with £60 or more for the night - get pissed and think they've had a good night out"
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 29th Dec 2012 12:05am
I don't think that I have ever been 'out' on NYE. (perhaps once at The Leasowe Pub around 1996/7)?

Much prefer house parties with family and/or friends.
Posted By: reddragon Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 29th Dec 2012 12:38am
It appears as so often happens on wiki this topic has drifted from the original post of how to get back home from liverpool after going to an event on NYE.
Posted By: BadWolf Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 29th Dec 2012 5:02pm
I'm 23 and female. I love a drink as much as anyone else but there are more important things in life and unfortunately bills come first. We can't all be on the dole like some of you. I'm not going out to get wasted, I'm going out to have a good time. Obviously some of you don't realise that one can come without the other.

Thanks for those of you who helped smile
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 29th Dec 2012 6:10pm
well after all that I'm going out on new years eve to get out my head on £12 and then i will swim the Mersey not paying £3 on the tunnel bus,merry Easter
Posted By: kittykat Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 29th Dec 2012 6:23pm
Chip...shoulder?
Posted By: rover644 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 29th Dec 2012 9:28pm
Well if i see someone on the Mersey NYE sitting on a homemade raft with a bottle of white lightning.
Posted By: rover644 Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 29th Dec 2012 9:30pm
Preferably not taxis as I'd rather stay sober and drive over than pay those prices. Think its this bit that could of been taken out of context, or just taken as it is ?
Originally Posted by rover644
Preferably not taxis as I'd rather stay sober and drive over than pay those prices. Think its this bit that could of been taken out of context, or just taken as it is ?

That's what I was referring to earlier in the thread, it seemed like he wanted someone to do the pick up after 12 for less than taxis would?

I was simply pointing out him and his friend + driver would not be insured (unless it's family/friend) I believe. Then I defended taxis over prices as costs are extreme for them, as for people moaning about fares do so to the dept and not the drivers, they don't set the fare rate.

I do hope you have a good night whatever happens.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 30th Dec 2012 12:11pm
all i can say if you can go to liverpool with £20 good on you it would be like going to Vegas with a penny and expecting your flights in with the penny
Posted By: turnip Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 30th Dec 2012 12:46pm
all i can say if you can go to liverpool with £20 good on you it would be like going to Vegas with a penny and expecting your flights in with the penny

I can go to the kray, have 8 cans, cheesy chips and get the bus home for 20 quid....
Posted By: turnip Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 30th Dec 2012 12:46pm
And still have a couple of quid.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 30th Dec 2012 1:48pm
Hope you've sorted out your transport for your night out

I'm 23 and female.)

Sorry to have called you a he.
Your username is misleading I should have checked your profile.

googled for female wolf and the best may be wolfess (ignored the other name)

Interesting site but off topic
clicky
Posted By: BadWolf Re: New Years Eve - getting home from Liverpool - 30th Dec 2012 8:44pm
I've managed to get a return taxi for £32 between 4 of us so f*** the lot of you wink

haha Derek some of those animal portraits are hilarious
© Wirral-Wikiwirral