Forums
Posted By: DaveWez Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 9:00pm
just had a knock at the door from 3 lads from Liverpool claiming to be from Marks Group energy services. Just wondering if anybody else has had a knock from them tonight. I asked the lad to leave his details to which he replied he had ran out of business cards. he then wrote his number on a scrap piece of paper. I tried calling it after he left and it said it couldn't connect my call. What do you think, scam or no scam?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 9:05pm
Have you tryed googling the company? Sounds bogus to me.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 9:09pm
Almost certainly a scam, you did well not to be taken in.
There was a report of lads knocking with a similar story.These said they were from the gas people but had left their ID at a previous call.Could they come in to check the loft insulation.

Suspect everybody seems to be the only answer these days!
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 9:22pm
had three girls in are road about 20 mins ago watched them on the cctv checking my car out as my sat nav was still in it.came down the path but never knocked they had badges round there necks i thought they were bloody carol singers but a do have a sign on the door telling people to piss off if there selling things or ramming god on me.anyway people check everything is locked tonight as these people have gangs in cars ready to come back later and tonight will be a good night for them with the mist.... bags!!!!
Posted By: DaveWez Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 9:33pm
there is a company called Mark Group but I'm sure his badge had an 'x' instead of a 'k'.
Posted By: DaveWez Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 9:58pm
just tried the number again, it rang out and a lad answered. i didn't say anything and hung up straight away. at least i now know the number is genuine. also forgot to say the lad who I spoke to at the door did have an ID badge.
Posted By: DebbieQ Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 10:03pm
Where abouts are you? - We had some men knock before but didn't answer (don't answer when dark unless I'm expecting someone) - they obv didn't know local area as went wandering off up dead end (but now I'm thinking were they checking area out?...) - everywhere will be double double checked tonight!
Posted By: DaveWez Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 10:08pm
live in New Ferry. you?
Posted By: DebbieQ Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 10:12pm
Originally Posted by Dave666
live in New Ferry. you?

Oxton (not far from Wirral Hundred) - bit of a coincidence!(Will still be double double checking tonight!)
Posted By: SirTankWelder Re: Cold Callers - 18th Dec 2012 10:59pm
I would advise anyone to not answer the door to cold callers.in my fight against tv licensing i have learned not to open the door to anyone .it is the best way to deal with the cold calling ... from the bbc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral