Forums
Posted By: stanb Bogus Calls : Warning - 17th Dec 2012 4:30pm
We have all recieved these telephone calls saying their from microsoft and they can fix your computer,well have just recieved another say ing I havewon a prize and to press 9 to find out what I have won.As if, anyway I know this is the wrong forum but I couldnt get in any other. Just thought I inform people about this scam. Thanks for reading.
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 17th Dec 2012 9:03pm
I had the same call yday he told me he was from Microsoft I told him yeah an I'm Father Christmas he hung up on me!! Cheek of him!
Posted By: Lynda Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 17th Dec 2012 9:40pm
I had same call few weeks ago, said he was calling from microsoft, and had problem with my computer.....he was rather shocked when I told him I didnt have one! lol
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 17th Dec 2012 9:48pm
Originally Posted by Lynda
I had same call few weeks ago, said he was calling from microsoft, and had problem with my computer.....he was rather shocked when I told him I didnt have one! lol

But... how...
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 17th Dec 2012 9:48pm
Originally Posted by Lynda

But seriously, i did the same... "so i click on Mackintosh" - then what?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 17th Dec 2012 11:10pm
Mackintosh?
Lmao
Posted By: granny Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 18th Dec 2012 12:23am
They are getting too clever now. I had a call on Friday, same thing. They asked for me by name in the strong Indian or Asian accent that they all seem to have. Before I said who I was I asked who was calling me and he said , "my name is Alan Smith" raftl raftl raftl
So I hung up!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 18th Dec 2012 12:34am
I keep the Mo Fo's on the phone for as long as I possibly can. Just play along with them...
Posted By: juhu69 Re: Bogus Calls : Warning - 19th Dec 2012 6:50am
I had few in the middle of the night from eBay saying press a number if you are expecting this call. I put the phone down and it rang straight back. So I pressed he number and it gave me a code to enter on eBay. When I checked the umber it was from brazil. Not sure if someone was trying to hack my account and change my password. I feared pressing the button would make a transfer call to a foreign country for which I would be charged.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral