Forums
Posted By: Santos Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 3:05pm
The Air Ambulance has just landed somewhere in Wallasey Village, suspect it was on the Playing field at St Marys, spent about 20 mins then taken off and flown in the direction of Liverpool.

Must have been a bad accident for it to turn up.
Posted By: nicksimo Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 3:14pm
A school child has been run over, my lad just got home from school down there.
Posted By: Driver Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 3:53pm
Yes, apparently a school pupil has been ran over.
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 5:57pm
Quite a dramatic situation. The helicopter landed in the St Mary's sports field and the police closed the road from Wallasey Village roundabout to the top of Village Way. Apparently the young lad was about aged 15 and was hit by a car travelling at a considerable speed, totally inexcusable outside a school at around 3-30pm. The boy must have been hit with some force as it seems that he has hit the windscreen which was smashed.
Posted By: Santos Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 6:26pm
I hope that he pulls through OK. He must have serious injuries for the Air Ambulance to be called, at least he will have been got to hospital as quickly as possible.

Hope the driver, if he was speeding was caught and will be dealt with properly and not just smacked on the hand as usually happens.
Posted By: Smidge Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 7:06pm
Oh this is awful. Hope the boy is okay, I seen the helicopter from my work and my mum works in Mary's
Posted By: Helles Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 7:21pm
Hope the child is okay but I pass there every day when school is out and some of those kids need road safety lessons. Sometimes they seem to dare you to hit them and other times they take no notice of crossing lights. Wallasey Village with all its schools is an accident black spot. I'll wait for confirmation before blaming any driver.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 7:33pm
was doing a school crossing not far from there today.(Bayswater) Have to say like Helles that some teens need to be a lot more savvy about road users especially when thy are in a group and on phones.Sun is getting lower in sky now which causes big problems. Doesnt sound good if they have hit the windscreen
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 9:41pm
I witnessed this incident happen, it was not nice to see, I was right by the lads side as he was on floor, whilst i was on phone to ambulance, he was in a bad way, but he did manage to give a by stander his mums phone number so she could be told.
The air ambulance did arrive, but was not needed, as they thought it best to go by ambulance. I will be giving my full statement to police tomorrow.

The 15 year old was hit by front nearside, flipped up to offside and landed on windscreen before flipping on to the floor, where the adrenalin must of kicked in, as he tried to stand up, and just dropped, his legs where twisted.

I will say this the drivers front nearside tyre was totally devoid of tread, it was as smooth as a piece of glass.

I can not give any more info than that, as I have a feeling this will be going to court, and I will be called as a witness.
Posted By: kaza45 Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 10:12pm
The lad is doing fine no broken bones but staying in hospital over night
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 10:22pm
Originally Posted by kaza45
The lad is doing fine no broken bones but staying in hospital over night
Glad to hear that, (he is a lucky lad in the sense that he did not come of a lot worse) I hope he makes a full recovery. I can not believe he has no broken bones, after that.

He is a brave lad, no tears from him.

Are you related to this boy Kaza45,
Posted By: kaza45 Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 17th Oct 2012 10:43pm
No my son goes to school with him and the boys dad posted on his Facebook he doing fine
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 12:39am
Burger, if you are going to be called as a witness, why have you not mentioned a very important fact that the lad was hit by one vehicle, the impact sending him through the air to land on the floor so a second oncoming vehicle had no chance to swerve but run him over! My son was driving the second vehicle! Luckily, there were several other witnesses who can corroborate this!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 5:55am
No second car went over the lad, I know that for a fact I saw it happen, so that is complete rubbish.
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 6:53am
Originally Posted by Spiritdancer
Burger, if you are going to be called as a witness, why have you not mentioned a very important fact that the lad was hit by one vehicle, the impact sending him through the air to land on the floor so a second oncoming vehicle had no chance to swerve but run him over! My son was driving the second vehicle! Luckily, there were several other witnesses who can corroborate this!

Is your son one of thes fantasists?
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 8:10am
Originally Posted by BigBadBorisJ

Is your son one of thes fantasists?

withthat
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 8:15am
Hope the lads okay!

Its because of complete TOOLS like these that our insurance premiums are going up.

Ban for life i say!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 10:38am
...the impact sending him through the air to land on the floor so a second oncoming vehicle had no chance to swerve but run him over! My son was driving the second vehicle! Luckily, there were several other witnesses who can corroborate this!

if your son was driving the second vehicle and did run the lad over then he was driving to close to the vehicle in front.
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 10:41am
Methinks Burger is the fantasist!

The police arrived at the scene of the accident and took a statement from the driver of the car who hit the lad FIRST. Oh,did I mention, HIS windscreen was shattered! They then took a statement from my son, the driver of the van who ran over the lad as he landed directly in front of the vehicle's wheels. Oh, did I mention, his windscreen was not shattered! The police were satisfied after making inquiries, that the person to blame for the accident was the young lad himself, the brave lad of no tears,it was his own fault for running straight out into the road.

So Burger, you knew for a fact that no other vehicle was involved because you saw it happen? Have you ever been a witness for anyone in court? If you have, maybe the cases should be re-opened! You should definitely go to Specsavers!!!

So Beehive, my son is NOT a fantasist......WHAT ARE YOU?

So BBB, think this means that the lad, not the driver, is a TOOL!

...and I never realised that people were so judgemental
Posted By: lansyp Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 10:44am
Has he got Saturdays lotto numbers lol ,glad he is ok
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 11:03am
Mr Hanky, all I know is the lad bounced off the windscreen of the car and ended up eight feet away directly in front of the wheels of my son's van. I don't know if he was driving too close or not. I do know he is a careful driver and has never been involved in an accident before.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 11:47am
Mr Hanky, all I know is the lad bounced off the windscreen of the car and ended up eight feet away directly in front of the wheels of my son's van. I don't know if he was driving too close or not. I do know he is a careful driver and has never been involved in an accident before.

hi

What happened over the bald tyre on the other dudes car?
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 12:30pm
I have no idea,
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 2:28pm
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 2:39pm
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 2:54pm
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 3:06pm
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 3:31pm
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 3:34pm
Did not happen out side the school, it happened outside 135 the shop where i work.

I will ignore your childish comment, I will not drop down to your level.
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 5:16pm
I apologise to everyone and especially you Burger, that remark was totally uncalled for! It's just that I was annoyed that you were so adamant your version was the truth when it wasn't.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 5:49pm
The important thing here is that witnesses such as you two guys have the fortitude to step up and be prepared to be interviewed by Police and to give evidence in court if needed. Witnesses may not always all see the same thing but each must remain free to give their own, individual, honest impression of what they saw (and not be pressured by ANYONE to either change their story or be persuaded in any way that they got it wrong, etc).
Too many people "don't want to get involved" and refuse to come forward in situations like this, so the fact that you are both stepping up here is to be applauded.

Just each tell your own story and que sera, sera.

It is not here on WikiWirral that anyone need feel they need prove anything, right or wrong, etc - these things should be decided, any blame apportioned, etc, all in the due process of Law.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 6:29pm
the important thing is the kid is ok .all the fighting and stuff in the thread is just a bit over the top .sorry this is just my view but i think hands should be shaken and things said forgiven and get back to being a big happy family .........and i still want the kids lotto numbers lol
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 18th Oct 2012 6:40pm
I'd like this to happen.
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Air Ambulance - Wallasey Village - 19th Oct 2012 9:49am
so what did happen then?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral