Forums
Posted By: Uffda Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 25th Sep 2012 3:04pm
I was trying to go down Reeds Lane at about 2.30pm and the road was closed due to flooding by the station. There is a small lake just outside Bristol Sqibbs. The fire brigade was there so I'm not sure if it is still closed but just in case anyone was going that way.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 25th Sep 2012 3:40pm
Does it spread over the train tracks at the station. The might close the Wirral line from west kirby
Posted By: Uffda Re: Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 25th Sep 2012 3:54pm
I didn't see if the station was closed or tracks submerged, there was just this lake across the whole width of the road by Bristol Sqibbs. I saw the water and that they were turning back cars so turned round as I was going to be late for hospital visiting. The train tracks are slightly higher so they might be okay. There isn't anything on Merseytravel website so the fire brigade may have sorted the problem out.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 25th Sep 2012 5:17pm
It was shut at 8.30 this morning as I tried to get to work. Its 2 foot at the deepest, pass with care in wellies!
Posted By: MikeT Re: Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 26th Sep 2012 6:25am
Originally Posted by Uffda
The train tracks are slightly higher so they might be okay.

Went out to Hoylake on the train at about 5pm yesterday, returning about 10.30pm. No problems, but the fields either side of the track are lakes of water.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 26th Sep 2012 7:22am
Into the 4th day of constant rain. If this carries on then Im seriously gonna think about buying a boat
Posted By: dezzer Re: Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 26th Sep 2012 11:14am
yep its still flooded
my mother in law lives in reedsville grove and its upto and past kerb height!!
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Reeds Lane Closed Due To Flooding - 26th Sep 2012 7:07pm
Seen The Birket?! omg

Description: The Birket
Attached picture The Birket.jpg

Description: The Birket - footpath
Attached picture The Birket - footpath.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral