Forums
Posted By: jen8505 bidston bypass closed - 21st Sep 2012 12:15pm
Police have closed the bypass from moreton to bidston. The other way is open. There are 2 police cars about half way down and they're talking to a man in the middle of the 2 carriageways. There's a bike thrown on the grass on the side. The helicopter is hovering above the scene
Posted By: Willo_ Re: bidston bypass closed - 21st Sep 2012 12:17pm
Globe say this

A553 Fender Lane Eastbound closed, slow traffic due to serious accident between Reeds Lane and A554 (Tesco roundabout). Affecting traffic towards Birkenhead and the docks.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: bidston bypass closed - 21st Sep 2012 12:26pm
there was no accident that i could see. Just the bike on the grass at the side. No cars or ambulances or recovery trucks
Posted By: Willo_ Re: bidston bypass closed - 21st Sep 2012 1:07pm
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/727009.html#Post727009
Posted By: Sammi_xxx Re: bidston bypass closed - 21st Sep 2012 2:48pm
Hope the cyclist is okay
But do they need to close both ends off, I live on Fendale Avenue, off the flyover and can't get home!
Posted By: jen8505 Re: bidston bypass closed - 21st Sep 2012 2:57pm
It was open from bidston to moreton when i came past and it was open up to fendale ave from moreton because they were making cars turn round there and go back towards moreton. It was much further up that the accident happened so I'm guessing they've only closed it off from reeds lane (if they have) so that people dont have to turn round and go back? Maybe if you told the police you live in fendale, they'd let you through?!?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral