Forums
Posted By: Katryn Police and Merseytravel present on trains today. - 18th Sep 2012 1:55pm
A guy was getting searched Rock Ferry train station today buy police Mersey travel staff, then on another train coming into the station a different bunch of Mersey travel staff and police came of that train today.

Must be checking people have paid to travel on trains today day.
I work on the railway and these operations are normal. it is a joint police force and merseyrail opperation to catch ticketless travel,drugs and people with outstanding warrants on them.
Amazing how many they catch doing these.
good way of keeping the bad guys on there toes.
Power to their elbow too, they're the ... that put the prices up for the rest of us.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police and Merseytravel present on trains today. - 18th Sep 2012 4:01pm
What a pity it's not compulsory amputation at the knee for those braindead individuals who put their feet on seats. MORE police/staff purges needed. They do a great job.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Police and Merseytravel present on trains today. - 19th Sep 2012 10:21am
Originally Posted by Katryn
A guy was getting searched Rock Ferry train station today buy police Mersey travel staff, then on another train coming into the station a different bunch of Mersey travel staff and police came of that train today

I was at B'head Park station a while ago when they were doing this. They had a portable metal detector and were putting any lads that looked like they might be carrying a weapon through it, then searching for drugs. Anyone without a ticket was handed over to BTP and the Merseyrail revenue protection staff.

I got chatting to one of the BTP coppers and they'd caught over 200 people that day. I watched for about 20 min and unsuprisingly most of the people found with weapons and drugs were young males. However, a large proportion (maybe three quarters) of fare-dodgers were well-dressed people, commuters perhaps, who didn't exactly look hard-up. Most of those were female.

They probably chose B'head Park because of the island platform, meaning one crew could process people on trains going in both directions.
Its the same old story,if they look guilty search them.Give a dog a bad name.You cant tar everyone with the same brush.
Could`nt agree more. mad
Originally Posted by stanb
if they look guilty search them.

Seems logical to me.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral