Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Police incident - 16th Sep 2012 1:05pm
There has been an incident on seabank road, at the shop in picture, 3 police vans and 3 police cars in attendance

Attached picture Capturehrhjgfhjgh.JPG
Posted By: Driver Re: Police incident - 16th Sep 2012 1:59pm
Coincidentally I drove past this shop at about 2:30 this morning, noticed 4 or 5 people inside assumed it was the shop owners and family as the lights were on. Wonder if it's connected.
Police are always present on Seabank road so wonder if it was something that has happened to day or early hours this morning.

Cheers
Driver
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police incident - 16th Sep 2012 2:33pm
The lads were having new fridges and fittings put in, the ramp was also being repaired last night.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police incident - 16th Sep 2012 3:48pm
They didn't finish work until 8:30 this morning, that's why the people were there.
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: Police incident - 16th Sep 2012 5:43pm
They do fantastic cheese pasties in that shop.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 8:10am
What a bloody eyesore!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 8:49am
How is it they are allowed to put the disabled stairs/ramp across the whole width of the pavement? How about some partially sighted person blundering into it? Maybe it's a different set-up to what it appears to be in the picture. Ermmmmmm?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 9:11am
Can't quite read the signs; is that the one called "Singhsburys"?
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 10:16am
The disabled access is on what would have been the front garden, not across the pavement.

The shop is sited just past Steel Avenue heading towards New Brighton. There is another similar shop opposite.

Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 2:06pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
How is it they are allowed to put the disabled stairs/ramp across the whole width of the pavement?

This should help:
Google Streetview
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 2:09pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
How is it they are allowed to put the disabled stairs/ramp across the whole width of the pavement?

This should help:
Google Streetview
Allready posted in first post
Posted By: chriskay Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 3:40pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
Originally Posted by Gibbo

This should help:
Google Streetview
Allready posted in first post

Not the same as in the first post; different view, which makes the situation clearer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 3:55pm
Yes, a totally different view altogether and one that is now self explanatory. It's years since I've been past the spot. I had relatives that lived 30+ years ago in Sheen Road - just about opposite the shop shown. A decent area. That area appears to have started the downward slide, prompted no doubt by the likes of that shop frontage. Spot on Tatey - "A bloody eyesore" indeed! (IMHO)
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 4:38pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

Chris, Singhsburys is down in Seacombe on the corner of St. Paul's Road and Brighton Street just up from Seacombe Ferry.

Posted By: sunnyside Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 4:41pm
"Singhburys" is that an indian version of Sainsburys???
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 4:41pm
Yes, a totally different view altogether and one that is now self explanatory. It's years since I've been past the spot. I had relatives that lived 30+ years ago in Sheen Road - just about opposite the shop shown. A decent area. That area appears to have started the downward slide, prompted no doubt by the likes of that shop frontage. Spot on Tatey - "A bloody eyesore" indeed! (IMHO)

It is a rather ugly frontage. I live just round the corner and it's not too bad an area. A few undesirable can lower the tone a bit though. I think part of the problem is a lot of the big houses here have been turned into lots of tiny flats. The landlords basically don't give a toss who moves in there as long as they're getting a regular income.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 4:50pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone

It is a rather ugly frontage. I live just round the corner and it's not too bad an area. A few undesirable can lower the tone a bit though. I think part of the problem is a lot of the big houses here have been turned into lots of tiny flats. The landlords basically don't give a toss who moves in there as long as they're getting a regular income.

You've hit the nail on the head there Touchstone ie. flat conversions. Can be the sign of bad things to come - depending on the occupiers of course.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 5:18pm
I live in one of the converted houses. Luckily, my landlord seems to take complaints seriously and deals with them quickly.

There are a number of problems [at least in this country] with high numbers of people renting in one area. It often makes for a transient population so there is less of a sense of community. Also, communal areas like gardens are not looked after and can become something of an eyesore.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Police incident - 17th Sep 2012 8:35pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
Originally Posted by chriskay

Chris, Singhsburys is down in Seacombe on the corner of St. Paul's Road and Brighton Street just up from Seacombe Ferry.

Thanks for that; I passed it on the bus a few days ago and smiled.
Posted By: Norton Re: Police incident - 18th Sep 2012 1:37pm
Well, thankfully no-one was hurt in this 'police incident', but when I first read it I had visions of something more serious, as happened directly over the road from this shop, on 22nd of August. Click for 22/8/2012 incident.

As I think everyone will have noticed by now, the pavement is actually quite wide, and tarmac covers the flagstones. In fact, it's wide enough to get an ambulance on it, as I've seen this happen.

Although this is a fairly quiet residential area, it's also the main route from New Brighton to Seacombe. As such, it's not unusual to see late night revellers go past or pass out at this point.

One thing that you may not have seen is the recycling bin, off to the right of the picture by the Wheelie-Bins. It's not unusual to see cars and vans pull up, on the pavement, late at night and deposit things in the bin. That recycling bin is for shoes and clothes, so they must save them up for a midnight run!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Police incident - 18th Sep 2012 3:51pm
What the heck is a "GENEAL" Store? wink

(I guess it's a Google image 'Stitching' error? LOL!)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral